Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

18 hours ago, mickbrown said:

84.9% not bad?

Fuck me, you're a hard task master.

I like him. Young kid always wants the ball and brave with it when he's got it.

I think he'll get better as well.

Aye

Best BWFC player for me last night n all

Can't be doing much for his confidence usually only playing when we’re to bare bones and getting ragged tho

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

Aye

Best BWFC player for me last night n all

Can't be doing much for his confidence usually only playing when we’re to bare bones and getting ragged tho

Yep.

Saturday he was the only genuine midfielder. Last night joined by a recovering MJ but still only 2 midfielders.

A few off here that have seen his performances reckon he's been the best one out there. He's not a world beater and it leaves me scratching my head as to what some folk expect.

• Members

Never goes missing Thomason always wants the ball, does the simple stuff but needs to get his head up and believe in his ability. There was a game when every time he got the ball his head was up and he looked forward and made some excellent passes.

Strikes me as an arm around the shoulder kind of confidence player.

I agree with Horwich to a degree where he’s not going to set the world alight and a fully fit squad he’s only on the bench but the role He’s asked to do I think he’s more than adequate, be interesting to see if the can really push on. 

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Never goes missing Thomason always wants the ball, does the simple stuff but needs to get his head up and believe in his ability. There was a game when every time he got the ball his head was up and he looked forward and made some excellent passes.

Strikes me as an arm around the shoulder kind of confidence player.

I agree with Horwich to a degree where he’s not going to set the world alight and a fully fit squad he’s only on the bench but the role He’s asked to do I think he’s more than adequate, be interesting to see if the can really push on. 

My take on him has been the same for a while.

A good lad that will improve.

Not currently at the level our fans demand the club should be at. 

His work rate, showing for the ball etc is not in doubt.

I dont think that Evatt rates him and he will be back to a place on the bench as soon as he can get players in.

I am with Evatt.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

I don't often agree with your assessment of the game, but yes.
Sarcevic was as disappointing as Doyle has been this season.

Sarcevic, like the rest of our midfield was often overwhelmed by the numbers in opposition.  However, when he played, he often dictated the tempo of the team and we moved the ball quicker around the middle.  He offered a goal threat too.  He was a big loss imo.

• Moderators

Sheehan has also been a loss.

Sarc needs replacing and I am sure he will be.

I am sure Evatt will know all of this and will be doing everything he can to improve the squad (Like he did last Jan)

I would keep Doyle (Unless he mega wants to go) 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Horwich said:

I would too. Why not let them compete with each other for the starting position? Or even use games like last night to see how two strikers play together. If it isn’t working, change things at HT. 

The problem we have is, like last night, the system wasn’t working enough to score goals but, as is often his way, rather than change the system, IE seems to prefer changing the component parts of the system; a centre forward on for a centre forward, a left back for a left back, etc.

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I would too. Why not let them compete with each other for the starting position? Or even use games like last night to see how two strikers play together. If it isn’t working, change things at HT. 

Ditto about keeping Doyle - at least till the end of the season.

He could be used as a sub, or tried in a partnership with Dion.

4 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Always thought he would be decent at left back

I think he’s an out and out wing back, put the ball in early behind the opposition full back and get him to whip the ball in, currently we’re not utilising him correctly. Think Evatt pass pass square and back has bored him into a comatose state. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think he’s an out and out wing back, put the ball in early behind the opposition full back and get him to whip the ball in, currently we’re not utilising him correctly. Think Evatt pass pass square and back has bored him into a comatose state. 

Not sure he's fast enough for a "proper wing back". I wouldn't mind seeing him playing as a left midfielder though, and as you say, whipping in some of those passes.

I'm still convinced Dapo can play in the hole- some passes he's put through recently show he's getting his head up now, and he'd have more freedom. He always comes inside from the left which reduces his options.

4 hours ago, Horwich said:

Sheehan has also been a loss.

Sarc needs replacing and I am sure he will be.

I am sure Evatt will know all of this and will be doing everything he can to improve the squad (Like he did last Jan)

Add to that Kieren Lee, that's a complete midfield  that's been replaced by inferior players.