Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

We're literally bigger than Swansea, Hull and Preston combined.

I know they can guarantee Charles Championship football, but id be shocked if Charles would even consider leaving being our main man, at a huge football club with a huge potential and infrastructure. We're also 2 points of the top with a game in hand.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

I know they can guarantee Charles Championship football, but id be shocked if Charles would even consider leaving being our main man, at a huge football club with a huge potential and infrastructure. We're also 2 points of the top with a game in hand.

That's some claim. On what level are we bigger than those 3 combined?

11 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Hi Dion, we can see you’re on £7k* a week at Bolton, we’d like to offer you £20k* a week on a 4 year contract. We know that you’re the main man at a huge football club with potential and infrastructure but hopefully you can see the benefit in our offer.

… WHERE DO I SIGN!!?

*all figures are completely made up but the point stands that money would talk over anything else

20 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Youd have us down as being traditionally bigger than Brentford and Bournemouth.

But they have more money.

And so do those 3 :)

It'll all go full circle and in a few years clubs like Bournemouth, Brentford, Swansea and Hull won't be given a 2nd thought, the last time we were coming up the hill boys, i don't remember them clubs sniffing around Stubbs, Tommo, McAteer etc.

49 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Completely irrelevant - They will likely double or treble his wages....and at his age it will likely be his last big contract.

Edited by Pablo

• Members
56 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Don't know about the others finances but Hull are owned by a Turkish media mogul

They aren't short of cash 

They are around the play offs in the championship 

At this moment in time it's a step up for him regardless of whether we are the bigger club or not

22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fascinating how some seem to know how much our players earn and how much they could earn elsewhere.

Lost of info available all over the net, to be able to make a good guess that he would get a pay rise.....

Edited by Pablo

1 hour ago, Lostock Whites said:

You are speaking from your heart. Football is about money and they all have more than us and are a division higher.  The rest isn’t relevant.

1 hour ago, Lostock Whites said:

Depends if they're willing to pay him more money - and it could be his last move that will earn him a larger wage. Don't buy into all this bollocks about which clubs are bigger. It's all about who will pay the higher wages these days (see Sarcevic the other year)

• Members
7 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Depends if they're willing to pay him more money - and it could be his last move that will earn him a larger wage. Don't buy into all this bollocks about which clubs are bigger. It's all about who will pay the higher wages these days (see Sarcevic the other year)

Yep

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If that was the case, I doubt she'd be satisfied with a move to Preston.

He might drive around the block a few times before they land at their new pad.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

We've won pretty much the same amount of trophies as all of them combined and spent more years(73) than them 3 clubs(60) together in the top flight.

We're also sponsored by Carrs Pasties, that is a pulling power those other clubs just don't have.

Dion would be stupid to leave behind such a benefit.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Because we are absolutely massive 

I agree we are massive (everywhere we go), but that is not proof that our comparative mass is greater than the mass of Hull, Swansea and Preston combined.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Lost of info available all over the net, to be able to make a good guess that he would get a pay rise.....

We can all guess a player moving up a division is likely to get a pay rise.

Don't need the Internet for that.

The actual details are somewhat different. 

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

We've won pretty much the same amount of trophies as all of them combined and spent more years(73) than them 3 clubs(60) together in the top flight.

We're also sponsored by Carrs Pasties, that is a pulling power those other clubs just don't have.

Dion would be stupid to leave behind such a benefit.

Nice history, but most players won't even remember us playing in the prem, and none were born last time we won a major trophy. Same for fans actually. 

We need more than that to keep our best players at the club.

That said, I'd be a bit disappointed if anyone left for a club not likely to be pushing for at least a play off place in the championship. We have every chance of being there next season, with a manager, owners and the club on the whole on the up.

48 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nice history, but most players won't even remember us playing in the prem, and none were born last time we won a major trophy. Same for fans actually. 

Short memories some people. Less than 12 months since we won the "Pizza". When does the European Pizza League start?

We are massive.