Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Can I just be the first to say that he's not capable at this level and boooooooo! 

Obviously I've never heard of him before today - but I'd like to refer back to this post if he proves to be bobbins and be declared a football genius by the boards members. Thanks 👍

This season Jerome, Nlundulu and JDB have scored 1 goal in 48 league appearances between them.

If we're just judging strikers on goals we might as well put Iredale up front, he's scored twice as many as those 3 put together.  But its more about if they are any good as forward players - strength, pace, intelligence, heading, hold up play, skill etc.  If Ennis is a decent player he'll contribute to the team scoring goals one way or another.

• Site Supporter
On 16/01/2024 at 18:11, Matt Lofthouse said:

He was fucking toss. 

He wasn't even that good. One of them used to mither me in Farnworth park about why he wasn't playing. I said he was shite. Week later he was after mithering me again, but a timely dive into a Rhodedendron save me.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

This season Jerome, Nlundulu and JDB have scored 1 goal in 48 league appearances between them.

If we're just judging strikers on goals we might as well put Iredale up front, he's scored twice as many as those 3 put together.  But its more about if they are any good as forward players - strength, pace, intelligence, heading, hold up play, skill etc.  If Ennis is a decent player he'll contribute to the team scoring goals one way or another.

Why not put Iredale up front; every sang about Nicky Hunt playing up front 😉

5 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Another rumour Jerome on his way once Ennis deal done ? 
Also Lang of the tics off to Rotherham according to a Wiganer  I work with !

At 37 Jerome's future is in coaching/management. That may be here, who knows. However, a fresh player with a long future would surely be a better bet for the main playing squad.

Wigab's Lang is one of their better scumbags isn't he ? So that's a positive. 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I would imagine that Iredale has also played a lot more minutes than them- in particular Jerome and Big Dan.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I would imagine that Iredale has also played a lot more minutes than them- in particular Jerome and Big Dan.

TBH looking at goals per appearance only increases the case for Iredale.  15 games, 3 goals (I underestimated with 2).  So he's scored 1 in 5 compared to 1 in 48 for the others.  I agree that doesn't take into account number of minutes, but we don't see that for any players on Wiki etc stats.

I only mention it to illustrate that going in Wiki to check a player's stats that we might sign doesn't tell half the story, we wouldn't entertain JDB on that basis, but we know what a good player he is.

(But 3 in 15 for Iredale isn't to be sniffed at and added to being left footed arguably adds to the case for him playing a bit more than he has).

Edited by Johnnyrotten

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Derby linked with Langstaff

9 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

And Moxon from Carlisle. Out of contract at the end of the season so highly likely they’ll cash in now 

Both 26 and neither good enough for where we’re going.

Just now, TrickyTrotter said:

Both 26 and neither good enough for where we’re going.

They are linked with several players bid for Tyler Blackett turned Down by Charlton and now linked to Smith at Sheffield Wednesday!