Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

Best post on the thread Gonch.

You're dead right in the loyalty and I'd go so far as to say it's largely fear. Fear of their God, fear of their Imams, fear of a community backlash if perceived to be breaking rank.

Mate of mine always does Ramadan yet will break his fast every day with a bottle of Bud.

They're a confused bunch, western Muslims.

A bottle of Bud Bud?

A bottle of Bud Bud?

Sickening. :D

Multi culturalism will become the norm as the generations progress. And it won't just be this country, 90% of the world will be like it.

People from all backgrounds are living all over the world. Even on here we've got folk from Bolton living in all corners of the world.

We are very lucky

Apparently the Norwegians rate themselves as the happiest people of the planet. We're came in at 19th.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/worlds-happiest-countries/norway0/

There must be some right miserable fuckers further down the list then! :-)

For me - there's knowing that you can be proud of something whilst realising that doesn't have to be to the denigration of everybody who doesn't share it with you.

Apparently the Norwegians rate themselves as the happiest people of the planet. We're came in at 19th.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/worlds-happiest-countries/norway0/

There must be some right miserable fuckers further down the list then! :-)

For me - there's knowing that you can be proud of something whilst realising that doesn't have to be to the denigration of everybody who doesn't share it with you.

we are probably dragged down by yorkshire folks

Not in anyway saying I agree with his comment or view but genuine question how do we stop this if we don't do something of this extremity? Not that it could be done obviously anyway

Firstly, admit what and where the problem lies, publicly from the highest authority - no PC bull shit or other 'sensitive' bollocks.

The problem is Islam.

It's a bit like at the footy. Some normal lads who watch bolton home and away will know who the trouble makers are. But they've never say anything to anyone because loosely they all believe in the same cause.

It's the same with this lot. I watched the interviews with people that shared the same mosque as the Manchester bomber and his dad. You could see the guilt written all over his face. There's no way people in that mosques had no idea the sons had gone to Syria or the dad to Libya.

How the fuck you get people to flag stuff up is beyond me.

These fuckers are entrenched. I support bolton because my dad told me. This lot follow Islam in the same vein.

Like that link Miami posted to where Muslim lawyer states it has to come from within the community first and foremost; but that means the community has to acknowledge it has a problem.

When the media, politicians etc (and I get why but it needs to change) keep deliberate silence on anything negative and Islamic or Muslim linked it hardly helps.  

To keep with your analogy think how long it took before football fans would 'grass' on those starting bother or calling out racist chants?  A long time but we're there now, in the main.  Unfortunately though it's left a certain image of all football fans that has still not completely gone, i'd say it was worth it though.

Surely any 'decent' Muslim would accept that pay off?

• Moderators

To be fair I'd say most terror attacks that have been foiled in the last however many years has more likely been down to the muslim community doing its bit rather than a tommy robinson telling us like it is

There's work to be done but how many times do we hear the perpetrators were known to the relevant forces assigned to stop this

Like the grooming gangs were the girls and the community had spoken out but nothing had been done

We need more proactively from communities as much as we need the resources to tackle them, and to take the threats more seriously when they are on the radar

• Moderators

You could but I'm a proud Englishman so I'll settle for being an English citizen who's a part time resident in Spain.

That wasn't actually what I meant as in it wasn't a pop at you living in Spain, it's not the same thing

I meant you can be born wherever, and go and live in another country long enough and take citizenship, if you want to

Like half our cricketers

• Members

Yes

Why be proud to be white

That's suggesting that it's better to be be white then black

So this argument taken to its natural conclusion means that we shouldn't be proud of our country, way of life or traditions?

Good luck trying to change millennia of evolved human behaviour. I am proud to be white and have no problem with people of other hues being proud of theirs.

You're one on the many who are ashamed of what you are. That's your problem.

So this argument taken to its natural conclusion means that we shouldn't be proud of our country, way of life or traditions?

Good luck trying to change millennia of evolved human behaviour. I am proud to be white and have no problem with people of other hues being proud of theirs.

You're one on the many who are ashamed of what you are. That's your problem.

I get most of your point.

But what part of being white you are proud of ? I am not ashamed of being white but proud ?

I am proud to be from Bolton and England.

So this argument taken to its natural conclusion means that we shouldn't be proud of our country, way of life or traditions.

Do you have to be white to be proud of the country, way of life or traditions? I don't think any of those things are associated with the colour of one's skin.