Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

School Trips

Traf

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had some decent school trips to Iceland, Russia, States etc but I never got to go on them due to cost.

Did 3 weeks in Paris on an exchange.

Great fun, bunking off school, riding the metro and coming out of school to be confronted by riot police with a water cannon.

Family were Yugoslavian and mother had a habit of walking round in sheer tops with no bra and occasionally naked, opened my eyes as a 14 year old.

Never met or spoke to the lad I exchanged with until my mobile rang last year and he'd found my number somewhere on the net.

He now lives in the Caribbean so I reckon another exchange is due.

I wouldn't bother. He probably doesn't still live with his mum.

Think Miami and Gonzo have been to Tanzinhere. They they tried Tantastic and MrSunshines.

Haha very funny Ani.

Deane Grammar boys only saw the bloody Chinese chippy on Wigan Road........

Did a ski trip to Ravescletto in Italy when I was 13. Bolton bear Cardiff 4-2, Dusan Nikolic scored for us.

Did do an ace Commerce trip to London though. Took in the Stock Exchange,Parliament (Enoch Powell was snoring away), The Old Bailey and the Post Office, fascinating seeing their automatic underground mail system in operation.

That's a weird exchange. I did it in the third year- he came here first then I went there second.

Unfortunately his mum didn't walk about almost naked.

I was shit at languages at school so although they were yugoslavian living in france they spoke english, except the cook, as his dad worked for Unesco.

Daz - reckon they'd be hanging round her knees now anyway so will keep the memory in the bank ;) 3 weeks in St Maarten wouldn't go amiss though.

I was shit at languages at school so although they were yugoslavian living in france they spoke english, except the cook, as his dad worked for Unesco.

Daz - reckon they'd be hanging round her knees now anyway so will keep the memory in the bank ;) 3 weeks in St Maarten wouldn't go amiss though.

Reckon or did you ask him?????

• Site Supporter

In the late 60s it seemed that trips to Derbyshire to see Chatsworth House and Speedwell Caverns were in vogue. I went on a trip with my first primary school, changed schools and went on exactly the same trip 12 months later.
Bag-o-shite!

In the late 60s it seemed that trips to Derbyshire to see Chatsworth House and Speedwell Caverns were in vogue. I went on a trip with my first primary school, changed schools and went on exactly the same trip 12 months later.

Bag-o-shite!

Went on the same itinerary. just swap Blue John Caverns for Speedwell, our lot pinched all the exhibits on display in 65.

Bag-o-shite!

D P

Edited by leigh white

Lad got back from Belgium and France last Friday night.

They've got a free day out at Blackpool pleasure beach on Monday as a gift for 100% attendance throughout the year. We go away Tuesday missing the last 3 days of term.

Not forgetting PGL holidays. We didn't have them back in the day.

That's a blast from the past.

Went to Boreatton Park in Shropshire at Primary school.

Was ace, still one of my best childhood memories that.  Abseiling, canoeing, assault courses, raft building (that was a bit shit actually), what felt like huge zip wires and a tuck shop :) 

Isle Of Man for me in '76. Remember England Played Italy in the USA in the Bicentennial Cup and the highlights were was shown on Sky in the morning. Which was a rarity back then.

Sky in 1976? I thought that the Isle of Man was 20 years behind the UK not ahead.