Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jimmy Armfield.

leigh white

Just talking to my dad about him.

He said when my dad was setting up the Chorley branch of bolton supporters club Jimmy Armfield drove to his house one night on his way home to Blackpool and helped him set it all up.

Gave him loads of stuff from the club for meetings, kids stuff and balls etc. Also arranged for players to do Q&A's etc.

What a smashing chap.

A true gentleman who gained respect by his achievements and consideration for others.

He turned us around in the early seventies.

Will never forget Armfield to the tune of Amazing Grace echoing over the Valley where we won ?4-1.

Brought some fantastic young players through. Reid, Jones x2, Whatmore, Allardyce.

Remember him saying we've got a young centre half called Allardyce who was made by Cammell Laird.

Just talking to my dad about him.

He said when my dad was setting up the Chorley branch of bolton supporters club Jimmy Armfield drove to his house one night on his way home to Blackpool and helped him set it all up.

Gave him loads of stuff from the club for meetings, kids stuff and balls etc. Also arranged for players to do Q&A's etc.

What a smashing chap.

that's brilliant, you wouldn't get that today rip Jimmy