Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

So the numbers continue to go in the right direction , hopefully these numbers are ahead of the expectations (as a trend not the one off dailies) . Next stage of the road map starts tomorrow. Other than the potential delays in vaccines in coming months everything seems to be going really well.

My sister just tested positive despite vaccine 2-3 weeks ago (teacher) so far seems mild. 

Hasn't been much mentioned about people contracting it post vaccine,

can they still spread it? are the symptoms milder? Does it present like the flu rather than covid 19? 

If people are still catching it, despite vaccination, will the cases ever fall completely? 

Oh and hope she's feeling better soon :)

Edited by only1swanny

9 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Hasn't been much mentioned about people contracting it post vaccine,

can they still spread it? are the symptoms milder? Does it present like the flu rather than covid 19?  Do not think they are sure but looks likely spread is reduced. Symptoms vary.

If people are still catching it, despite vaccination, will the cases ever fall completely? Can catch about 75% protection from catching, much less serious and virtually no hospitalisation 

Oh and hope she's feeling better soon :)

7 hours ago, Henrick_Pedigol said:

I’m sure that once we have sorted our own people out we will be one of the most benevolent countries in giving vaccines to other countries, not to mention the fact that the AZ/Oxford vaccine is being sold at cost, and I heard we are sending a large consignment to Ireland to help them with vaccine roll out. 

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/28/uk-to-donate-3700000-spare-covid-vaccines-to-ireland-14318298/

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Add link.

10 hours ago, fatty said:

So first week of a little freedom - any exciting plans ???

Birthday week! Off into town on Weds, either City Hall or Soho Square to enjoy the nice weather they've been promising and quite a few beers. Thursday nursing the head and watching TV, Friday pick the kids up for Easter week. Back to work for a couple of days then its the other half's 40th so down to Whitstable, doing a kayak along the river Stour (I dunno, she wanted to do it) hopefully pubs will be serving outside by then so a few pints on the 'beach' front there. All in all, getting out and doing things for the first time in months.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Birthday week! Off into town on Weds, either City Hall or Soho Square to enjoy the nice weather they've been promising and quite a few beers. Thursday nursing the head and watching TV, Friday pick the kids up for Easter week. Back to work for a couple of days then its the other half's 40th so down to Whitstable, doing a kayak along the river Stour (I dunno, she wanted to do it) hopefully pubs will be serving outside by then so a few pints on the 'beach' front there. All in all, getting out and doing things for the first time in months.

Happy Birthday for Thursday

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ah, see what you did there, you clever little sausage.

😀

You keep coming up as a possible Facebook friend.

But then I looked at your profile......