Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

How the fcuk do they think that thousands of scousers will stay at home when they win the PL and not congregate at Anfield??

This was actually raised as a huge issue by the mayor of Liverpool I think it was. Saying exactly the same thing 

57 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I doubt it can be truncated because broadcasting rights contracts will have been signed stipulating a certain amount of matches per broadcaster.

They'll have to alter the contracts then.....

• Site Supporter

I’m hearing Prem teams will be finishing their games off in June down at St George’s  with a few games every day at different times. Players all stopping in various hotels in the area for the duration.

Where that leaves the EFL - my guess is null and void. As long as the prem get their season finished, that’s where all the power is, I think that will be good enough. Just promote Leeds, WBA and Fulham as they are easily the 3 best in the championship

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’m hearing Prem teams will be finishing their games off in June down at St George’s  with a few games every day at different times. Players all stopping in various hotels in the area for the duration.

Where that leaves the EFL - my guess is null and void. As long as the prem get their season finished, that’s where all the power is, I think that will be good enough. Just promote Leeds, WBA and Fulham as they are easily the 3 best in the championship

Could you imagine 

Some lowly waitress starts with a cough

The whole thing collapses

• Members
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

The fact that they would even entertain this as an idea is enough to shut the whole thing down

On 05/04/2020 at 21:15, Leyther_Matt said:

Personally I can see the Prem playing as many games as possible at as few venues as possible so that such resources aren’t stretched too much. Pay a handful of doctors to cover 2/3 games a day apiece rather than any number of combinations of 19 different ones. 

Rephrase “as few venues as possible” to just one and I’m claiming it as a solid prediction. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Have I seen right that the current proposals for a return to football in June include players actually playing in masks????

Fucking lolll

Certainly training in them 

Premiership some how will finish , behind closed doors.

If not title will go to Liverpool. ( no relegations)

Top 2 in championship will get promoted. As it stands( no relegations).

EFL . No more games.

Top 2 will get promoted

No relegations.

National league.

Top 2 will get promoted .

Next season whenever it starts. At least 1 extra relegation place across the board.

Trust me - It will Be-Reet !!

On 28/04/2020 at 15:51, bolton va va said:

It seems to have been a decision made by politicians in France, not the football authorities, & that it will be next month before they decide if there will be any promotions or relegations.

I'm taking it as a good sign , the more leagues that get voided, ( Holland & France so far ) the more chance there is for us.

Not so good news for us, the bottom 2 in France have been relegated. It will be interesting to see if one of them ( Amiens ) makes any sort of appeal/legal action, since they still had a reasonable mathematical chance of escaping.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

You'll get scousers gathering whichever way the dice fall on this one.

It's natural selection

What the same Scousers who where slagging the Government off for allowing the Liverpool-Madrid game to go ahead, large gatherings?

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

What the same Scousers who where slagging the Government off for allowing the Liverpool-Madrid game to go ahead, large gatherings?

They just like complaining loudly enough that it illicits some sort of pity from everyone.

The cunts.

13 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Gary Neville has said take all the games abroad to a virus free environment. 

Tit.

If you are going to waste time insulting that muppet , at least put some passion into it !!!

Tits  are what nibble on my fat balls , down in the orchard beyond the south terrace area