Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Won't get the TV audience? People are so starved of it the ratings will be sky high. Look how many have been watching e-sports and the Belarusian League on Youtube.

I doubt the figures will be anywhere near the normal after the first couple of days of football. 

Liverpool will win the league in the first game, after that hardly anyone playing for anything, might not even be any relegation. Add in the fact that it’s behind closed doors, plenty Multi millionaire big stars like Aguerro will fuck it off and you have games worse than pre season. 

Personally I’d rather watch one of the classic games they have been showing rather than Southampton v Everton behind closed doors 

Edited by birch-chorley

• Members
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

These neutral venues are far more likely to be training grounds. Multiple changing rooms, multiple pitches and generally much more secluded and less accessible than the stadiums. 

Not with the VAR cameras they’ll need.

It’ll be grounds with VAR and Over the line technology 

Edited by Rudy’s Message

There's a big difference between a couple of thousand gambling addicts watching foreign football for free, and getting people to jump back into to paying their Sky Sports subscriptions.

Other than the obvious, everything else is going to have to look and feel like actual football, otherwise people won't pay for it. De-motivated players in masks playing on a training pitch, shot on limited cameras, isn't going to cut it.

15 hours ago, Kane57 said:

Won't get the TV audience? People are so starved of it the ratings will be sky high. Look how many have been watching e-sports and the Belarusian League on Youtube.

very few outside your world have been watching e sports(what the fuck is it?) or Belorussian Footie i would wager.

That's my point. People (of all ages) are starved of the game so will watch any old shite. It'll be the same when live games come back, regardless of whether there's a crowd or if it's behind closed doors.

• Members
8 minutes ago, tomski said:

Another embarrassing solution from the self absorbed Premier League. Has anyone suggested a fifa tournament on Richard Bransons island yet?

Liverpool have put forward Mane as their representative for the inaugural soggy biscuit PL decider 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Would be the longest away day in the football calendar, meet up at the airports.

After the coach trip back from Bristol after the 6-0 defeat. Longest day of my life.

Just a thought. 

Why are the leagues being cancelled going ‘bottom up’ ? It is almost though the more money that is involved the harder the call. 

Integrity my arse. 

5 hours ago, Kane57 said:

How much are people paying to watch this stuff, would they be happy paying £30 a month to watch it on Sky Sports and another £30 to watch on BT or are they only watching it for free on a stream? 

Whichever way they cobble together a re start in the PL, the product is going to be massively inferior to what people are used to watching, they won’t be happy paying the same amount or anywhere near it. Add in the fact that many companies have slashed / cancelled TV advertising (even though TV audiences are up in general) and your looking at a huge reduction in Revenue for sports TV companies and also football in general for 12-24 months 

Edited by birch-chorley

• Site Supporter

This neutral venue thing for the Premier is bollocks if there’s no relegation.

Fuckin self serving cnuts who’ll take some PPV but will only do it if they don’t get relegated.

Sums up the greedy bastards.

• Members
1 hour ago, Steejay said:

This neutral venue thing for the Premier is bollocks if there’s no relegation.

Fuckin self serving cnuts who’ll take some PPV but will only do it if they don’t get relegated.

Sums up the greedy bastards.

Spot on.

Some bod in the PL said it was for the good of the integrity of the sport? Bollocks it’s the money. 
FWIW IMO footballers can get a bit of a rough time, but in this case I’m with them, why should they have to put their health at risk over a botched plan to make some Suits more money. 

They had a chance to come out of this with some integrity and show that they will put health over money and they have fucked  it up. They’re an utter disgrace. 

3 hours ago, Ani said:

Just a thought. 

Why are the leagues being cancelled going ‘bottom up’ ? It is almost though the more money that is involved the harder the call. 

Integrity my arse. 

FIFA should just come out and say no football until a vaccine or its 100% safe to play, that would be the end of  it,  think they’ve got their nose in the trough as well. 

50 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Spot on.

Some bod in the PL said it was for the good of the integrity of the sport? Bollocks it’s the money. 
FWIW IMO footballers can get a bit of a rough time, but in this case I’m with them, why should they have to put their health at risk over a botched plan to make some Suits more money. 

They had a chance to come out of this with some integrity and show that they will put health over money and they have fucked  it up. They’re an utter disgrace. 

Footballers are no better or worse than anyone other trade though 

Why should someone work in Tesco behind the till etc 

Each to their own, nobody has to do anything they don’t want to but if footballers don't want to return to work when plenty others are doing then they shouldn’t be expecting to get paid 

32 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

EPL clubs are happy to play at neutral venues if they remove the threat of relegation.

If that's the case then just cancel the season or just play games that can seal a CL or Europa League place involving teams that can still qualify.

But It's not about money is it.

Where is this from? 

4 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

How much are people paying to watch this stuff, would they be happy paying £30 a month to watch it on Sky Sports and another £30 to watch on BT or are they only watching it for free on a stream? 

Whichever way they cobble together a re start in the PL, the product is going to be massively inferior to what people are used to watching, they won’t be happy paying the same amount or anywhere near it. Add in the fact that many companies have slashed / cancelled TV advertising (even though TV audiences are up in general) and your looking at a huge reduction in Revenue for sports TV companies and also football in general for 12-24 months 

I watch football, either matches or related programmes, on Sky virtually every day of the week in normal circumstances. If I'm not watching footy I'll catch the major events/tournaments in tennis, cricket, golf, athletics  or racing.  I cancelled my subscription like most people when there was nothing to watch.  If/when behind closed doors events are broadcast, there is no chance whatsoever I will be renewing my subscription.  Not because I cant afford it, its just not what I want to watch. I would probably keep upto date with results and associated debate on the radio, but the importance is diminished hugely until we can get crowds involved again.