Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Ventures

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

There was something in the BN pages about it.

Anyway, fuck him. I don't care if he looks out for our results or not.

He treated folk like shit, none of which was necessary, irrespective of how much the club was struggling. 

His leach of a son did likewise.

I also reckon he pressured Eddie to an early grave too. Whatever folk thought of Eddie, he was Bolton through and through and didn't deserve it.

Cunts.

Ken turned out to be a massive cunt.

Serious question, though, what do you think would have happened to our club had Dean Holdsworth not persuaded Anderson to jump in at the very last minute?

I don’t recall there being many others trying to save us.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Traf said:

Serious question, though, what do you think would have happened to our club had Dean Holdsworth not persuaded Anderson to jump in at the very last minute?

I'll give Anderson some credit for pissing off some players/individuals with whom we had unsustainable contracts and screwing Forest and Cardiff over.

His last 6/8 months though were appalling and far outstrip the good

13 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'll give Anderson some credit for pissing off some players/individuals with whom we had unsustainable contracts and screwing Forest and Cardiff over.

His last 6/8 months though were appalling and far outstrip the good

With all due respect, that’s not the question I’m asking.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Traf said:

I'm sure someone would've come in 

But in any case 

It didn't excuse him for what followed 

And to think folk thought "what ever is good for Ken is good for Bolton"

1 hour ago, Traf said:

I think there’s some misunderstanding here.

I’m not suggesting Ken was right. 

I just sometimes wonder what might have happened had he not got involved and kicked the cam down the road a few years before others finally came involved.

No I’m getting you. My point is ED and co are to blame for Ken as the terms laid out were only entertained by tyre kickers. Still doesn’t make what Ken did right though.

• Site Supporter

I think the issue with owners, managers and loyalty is, it’s easier to call in retrospect than it is at the time.

Anderson turned out to be an absolute twat, probably the biggest cunt to ever be associated with our great club.

99% of us are not in the know and have little idea what’s going on behind the scenes. 

At this point you have 2 options. Be positive, back and support the current regime. Or immerse yourself in doom and gloom always looking for the negative angle.

With Anderson, plenty on here, including me at first, took the view of Ken against everyone else. Why? Because we wanted bwfc to exist, we wanted bwfc to win games, we wanted our club to compete at the level we were at - there were no alternatives. 

In retrospect as @Lt. Aldo Raine says we’d have been better off going into Admin earlier. But at the time the ST, the “No-Ken-Doers” and “Az it been doners” didn’t fill me with much hope.

Thank God for Sharon and FVs

22 hours ago, tomski said:

No I’m getting you. My point is ED and co are to blame for Ken as the terms laid out were only entertained by tyre kickers. Still doesn’t make what Ken did right though.

17 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Without Anderson, some other chancery would have picked us up in admin while on the verge of going pop. They would have been equally as bad

15 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

We might actually have been better off going into administration there and then

I tend to agree, we'd have been better off going into administration.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
On 15/09/2023 at 22:28, Traf said:

Everyone seems to forget this.

Holdsworth bought the club for fuck all.  Persuaded Ken to join. Gave himself a 4.5 million quid broker fee or something then fucked off into the distance with a pocket full of cash leaving Ken to deal with all the shit.

Ken, although a nob was swindled a bit, had nowhere near enough in the bank to steady the ship with players still on massive contracts and when folk were marching round the stadium calling him a cunt he said "fuck you all, I'm not putting another bean in".

Bit like the bloke at Sheffield.

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

But flexible tolerance when it comes to employees. One word kyledempsey. 

A bloke where I work got the sack the other week for saying something inappropriate.