Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Energy Prices

fatty

My 2 year fixed tariff ends in April so I thought I’d do a price comparison. 

Currently pay £220 a month and built up credit. Cheapest now is £560 !!!!!! That’s nearly £7k a year !!!!!! Fucking hell !

Fully insulated house, double glazing, all light bulbs are energy saving, smart radiator thermostats, modern boiler set to 22 degrees etc. Wife works from home but heating off and a fancy super efficient inverter heats the only room she’s in.

This is on top of the NI increases, council tax hikes etc. which are coming. Jesus. 

Has anyone else done one recently ?? I hope I’ve done something wrong otherwise that’s no fancy holiday for us this year and we’ll be some of the lucky ones. Some people are going to be fucked.

This countries going to have some serious trouble ahead and how will some cope ??

Is it true that 25% of the energy prices is “green tax” ??

Is it the Russians behind this ??

And this isn’t just a Tory thing - it wouldn’t be much different with any of them in charge. 

Does she have a sybian rider which she uses all day whilst I’m at work ?

• Members
6 minutes ago, fatty said:

Currently pay £220 a month and built up credit. Cheapest now is £560 !!!!!! That’s nearly £7k a year !!!!!! Fucking hell !

Fully insulated house, double glazing, all light bulbs are energy saving, smart radiator thermostats, modern boiler set to 22 degrees etc. Wife works from home but heating off and a fancy super efficient inverter heats the only room she’s in.

This is on top of the NI increases, council tax hikes etc. which are coming. Jesus. 

Has anyone else done one recently ?? I hope I’ve done something wrong otherwise that’s no fancy holiday for us this year and we’ll be some of the lucky ones. Some people are going to be fucked.

This countries going to have some serious trouble ahead and how will some cope ??

And this isn’t just a Tory thing - it wouldn’t be much different with any of them in charge. 

Connect up to a lamppost. That's what we do in little lever 

As I understand things without doing on line research:

• There is a massive demand from China and Asia for liquefied gas
  • We no longer have a large storage ability and have been relying on just in time supplies
  • Calm windless weather has further prevented us from building a stock to isolate us from day to day fluctuations

I personally think we need to do a behind the scenes deal with Putin not to oppose him in Ukraine for guaranteed price stable gas supplies

6 minutes ago, Dimron said:

As I understand things without doing on line research:

• There is a massive demand from China and Asia for liquefied gas
  • We no longer have a large storage ability and have been relying on just in time supplies
  • Calm windless weather has further prevented us from building a stock to isolate us from day to day fluctuations

I personally think we need to do a behind the scenes deal with Putin not to oppose him in Ukraine for guaranteed price stable gas supplies

So does Putin.

32 minutes ago, fatty said:

22 degrees! 

• Site Supporter

Don't fix now for sure.

Do that when prices have fallen.

The green taxes of which you speak were applied to electricity companies a while back to get them to invest in non fossil fuel based electricity generation. It worked very well.

Gas industry wasn't subject to the same regime, but this may change in time.

Your gas situation is as a result of Putin's stand off with Europe over his Ukraine- avoiding new pipeline and the demand elsewhere. As a result, although Russia is supplying gas to contracted amounts, they're not pushing it through at higher rates during higher demand.

Germany in particular seems to be trapped by this Russian activity.

We are affected too, although we buy more liquefied natural gas from other nations via tankers.

We are also getting gas direct from Norway.

Still affected by overall price increases though.

Your thermostat is set to 22⁰C- drop this by at least 2⁰, as it's not necessary, and will save money.

• Site Supporter

We were warned... The EU is weaker without us, and we're exponentially weaker than them as a Third Country. This is exactly what Putin wanted, and this is exactly what we voted for. Enjoy it lads. Enjoy the fruits of our Victory. Don't deny it. It makes it look like you didn't know what you were voting for. Pay the bill that's tripled in price and shut the fuck up. Enjoy it. Think of it as "putting your money where your mouth is" for once.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

We were warned... The EU is weaker without us, and we're exponentially weaker than them as a Third Country. This is exactly what Putin wanted, and this is exactly what we voted for. Enjoy it lads. Enjoy the fruits of our Victory. Don't deny it. It makes it look like you didn't know what you were voting for. Pay the bill that's tripled in price and shut the fuck up. Enjoy it. Think of it as "putting your money where your mouth is" for once.

Here we go 

• Members
1 minute ago, fatty said:

20 degrees now set. 

3 women in the house each having long showers etc. doesn’t help. But even so … £560 per month !!!

But that poor hotelier. Bad times ahead of it doesn’t get resolved. 

Reuse bath water like the rest of us!

posh bastard

• Site Supporter

We were 240 in credit going into December and ours increased our dd by 100 so its now 180..

heating is off in day and on 16 at night,  all doors shut. 

We have a very small bath that we were going to swap out but that makes a large difference as does batch cooking as ovens not on every day. 

We had over 100 40w+ bulbs when we moved in, swapped them for energy saving and buying them when they're on offer, and they don't need that many to keep it light, so we have about 40 bulbs now. The downright were the worst .. 22 of them @ 50w each.. 

Laminate floors loose a lot of heat,  pop a rug down, 

Costs us about 4 quid a day average. We've got 14 rooms and Mrs Swanny works from home and due to her illness can't sit in the cold too long. We're with united utilities who don't seem too bad, but their broadband was shite 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Bit silly of them to make these promises then wasn't it?

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19813158.five-times-brexiteers-promised-uk-cheaper-energy-bills/

Maybe they should have been honest and said "In the grand scheme of things, we don't really have any control over energy costs. It's a silly thing to bring up really."

They wouldn't even have had to mention that being in a Union of 28 countries would give us more leverage on a global scale.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

We were 240 in credit going into December and ours increased our dd by 100 so its now 180..

heating is off in day and on 16 at night,  all doors shut. 

We have a very small bath that we were going to swap out but that makes a large difference as does batch cooking as ovens not on every day. 

We had over 100 40w+ bulbs when we moved in, swapped them for energy saving and buying them when they're on offer, and they don't need that many to keep it light, so we have about 40 bulbs now. The downright were the worst .. 22 of them @ 50w each.. 

Laminate floors loose a lot of heat,  pop a rug down, 

Costs us about 4 quid a day average. We've got 14 rooms and Mrs Swanny works from home and due to her illness can't sit in the cold too long. We're with united utilities who don't seem too bad, but their broadband was shite 

Over ONE HUNDRED BULBS ????

Do you rule an emirate?

Fucking hell fire