Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

Hard to read is all this but I'll have a guess.

Danson is obviously a very wealthy man but if he really wanted to spend big on sport he'd have done it already with his first love of the Wigan sporting scene - the rugby league club. It's hard therefore to see him splashing out big on the "tics". If he's like most Wigan RL fans he'll have little regard for the football lot.

The obvious interpretation is that the only reason he's involved at all is to save the DW, which is obviously the rugby home stadium too. 

Will they come out of it smelling of roses? They may come out of it intact. The rest is pure guesswork (as above). 

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Been talking to someone who was telling me HMRC are circling and won't take no for an answer on payments due to them. Don't want to say too much but it is someone who will know what is going on with them

Oh yes! 

Let’s hope Hillary Stonefrost is occupied and they better call Saul.

It’s all about the ground. He’s good mates with Lenagan the main warriors shareholder. However if Lenagan was fronting the ground purchase the tics would rather raise it to the ground. Danson is Lenagan dressed in blue and white clothing for the sake of smoother waters 

best case scenario for them is being run with what the club generates itself and being a tenant in their own ground 

Think most fans would hate to be owned by Rugby club but beggars can be choosers. If Danson buys ground that ensure the rugby club will not be effected by this mess. Only problem is would owners want some cash back ? He has no interest in football team. Still think he will wait until admin and save a fortune. 

57 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

It’s all about the ground. He’s good mates with Lenagan the main warriors shareholder. However if Lenagan was fronting the ground purchase the tics would rather raise it to the ground. Danson is Lenagan dressed in blue and white clothing for the sake of smoother waters 

best case scenario for them is being run with what the club generates itself and being a tenant in their own ground 

I guessed the same. 

Danson I think only has a 25% stake in the rugby so what would he want to buy a 100% stake in a football club he doesn’t really want? I just can’t see this being logical. The rugby are tenants at the stadium but surely a cheaper and easier solution would be to hold new talks with Sharon about using the ToughSheet going forward? More revenue for us and cheaper and easier for Danson.

9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Danson I think only has a 25% stake in the rugby so what would he want to buy a 100% stake in a football club he doesn’t really want? I just can’t see this being logical. The rugby are tenants at the stadium but surely a cheaper and easier solution would be to hold new talks with Sharon about using the ToughSheet going forward? More revenue for us and cheaper and easier for Danson.

I'd prefer not to have Rugby routinely played at the Reebok tbh.

If we must, then only if they are renamed as Bolton Whites RLFC.

Danson would do best, especially reading the attitudes on Latics Speyk, to simply buy the ground. Maybe post administration. 

24 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Danson just wants the ground for the egg chasers.

Wigan Athletic would then rent the ground from the Warriors -that’s if they still have a football club at the end of all this.

What’s not to like?

He'd be better leaving it as is, and reducing the rent the rugger buggers pay.

The Stadium already loses money, it would just add more losses onto FC, and reduce the overheads of the RLFC.

ANd then run the FC as a sustainable outfit (with larger overheads to start with).

41 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

He'd be better leaving it as is, and reducing the rent the rugger buggers pay.

The Stadium already loses money, it would just add more losses onto FC, and reduce the overheads of the RLFC.

ANd then run the FC as a sustainable outfit (with larger overheads to start with).

Rugby lot pay next to nothing rental. Can’t remember where I’ve seen it but sure it’s about 400k a year? Doesn’t even cover their half of the business rates 

13 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Rugby lot pay next to nothing rental. Can’t remember where I’ve seen it but sure it’s about 400k a year? Doesn’t even cover their half of the business rates 

Not sure on that, I heard it was over £800k annually but whatever it is unless Danson actually does want to run the football club and take on all the debt and other issues I just can’t see this coming off. He seems more of a rugby man than football so other than the ground issue why would he want to lumber himself with a failing football club that is going to take years to turn around?

• Site Supporter

Radio Manchester news just confirmed HMRC have stepped in. 

Such joy abounds. In fact, it’s prompted me to write a poem.

Ahem <clears throat>

In the very sunny month of June

In the year twenty twenty three 

His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs

Were short of cash, you see.

They turned up down at Robin Park

And banged upon the door

And poor old Wigan Football club

were told pay up you fucking wankers. How dare you laugh at your closest neighbour when they too were threatened like this? But what goes around comes around you set of cunts!

I think the last line needs a bit of work but other than that, it’s good to go.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, tomski said:

Play rugby at our place is one of the worst shouts I’ve read on here. No amount of money could make me want to be that tinpot.

correct, if they need a ground to play Rugby at, then they should just move in with Leigh. The pair of them should have merged years ago anyway