Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

You’ve got to admire the Tics fans though, even after the latest exit they still actually believe they’ll get something from the Rams tomorrow. In a way I hope they do get a point because it helps us against Derby but in reality I can only see them getting one thing, a hammering.

As for McLean it now appears that the offer to him was pulled by the new owner prompting the move to Wrexham and from his text he’s not the least bit impressed. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer chap.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

He’s come out and explained his departure

promised an extension, made captain by Maloney then the new owner has pulled the new contract as he’s basically too old. Trouble in paradise already 🤣

Sounds like the owner isn't going to allow money to be frittered away.

A more sustainable approach perhaps?

Currently sat in my daughters BFs house just round the corner from the Lord Brockett in WIggin. Talking to a lad who’s just got back from Derby

Fuck me. Just fuck me. I have never ever spoken to anyone so deluded. Ever. They are winning the league. No doubt whatsoever 

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Currently sat in my daughters BFs house just round the corner from the Lord Brockett in WIggin. Talking to a lad who’s just got back from Derby

Fuck me. Just fuck me. I have never ever spoken to anyone so deluded. Ever. They are winning the league. No doubt whatsoever 

Is this a different daughter's boyfriend?

• Site Supporter

Wigan still have some very capable players.

They also seem to have a sensible owner prepared to cut their cloth accordingly.

Let's see whether they keep all their better players beyond 31st August.

Lang for example is likely to be very expensive to keep for at least 2 seasons in L1

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Wigan still have some very capable players.

They also seem to have a sensible owner prepared to cut their cloth accordingly.

Let's see whether they keep all their better players beyond 31st August.

Lang for example is likely to be very expensive to keep for at least 2 seasons in L1

Another expensive one is Wyke if he stays fit and scoring goals then someone might come calling for him before the end of the window (my guess would be Derby) he’s a proven goal scorer and probably would have already left the club only for his heart issues. 

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Another expensive one is Wyke if he stays fit and scoring goals then someone might come calling for him before the end of the window (my guess would be Derby) he’s a proven goal scorer and probably would have already left the club only for his heart issues. 

Think you are right on this he is the highest paid player at the club so if somebody did come in for him they would sell. 

26 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Think you are right on this he is the highest paid player at the club so if somebody did come in for him they would sell. 

The £10k a week he’s on plus his condition would put many off I think 

as much as it annoys me they really haven’t been impacted as much as we’d all hope. As said above some of their current squad is more than L1 capable. Especially going forward. Yesterday wasn’t as much as a surprise as a few thought because it’s Just what they do. They just won’t fuck off. 

the rigours of a long sat - tues season will eventually play its part but they’ll do more than enough to be comfortable 

separate note on Derby.. I don’t buy in to all this pre season hoo haa. They’ve lost a 25 goal a season man who was primarily responsible for their position last season without replacing him. Can’t imagine any more progress this year 

Edited by barrycowdrill