Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

It's a weird one this, I'll be heading south hoping we win, like most of my age I've seen more losses at Wembley than I care to remember.....but I also think at full time , if it's gone to shite it won't be a bitter pill to swallow. I think I'm just stoked for our fans to have a day out, my two kids where literally dragged along for a decade, the youngest spent two seasons seeing how many times he could get the old guy in front of us to turn around telling him to stop kicking his seat....they hated it, for years n years.....

But now they love it, the biggest game they've seen was probably derby this year, can't wait to see their faces taking it all in on Sunday, they've only ever seen wembley on FIFA, they've no idea the size and the noise and the 70000 people trapsin about looks like. 

So yeah I hope we win, won't be end of the world if we don't ....but ....I make us slight favourites, on the day, on that pitch ....it'll really suit us. We're like cocky peacocks . When it suits us, we're top drawer

Safe journey y'all 

Just seeing what others are thinking about doing re. large flags?

Was originally planning to take mine and basically wing it, had no issues getting it into Euros matches etc but I've read that club games are treated differently and it's a bit more strict.

Mine does have a fire cert but its 50cm larger than the regulations on Wembley site. I know @Leyther_Matt emailed Wembley for info just after the semi and they didn't even reply which is really helpful.

I'm veering towards not taking it, not worth the hassle of it being confiscated or me not being allowed in. Also seen on twitter Newcastle fans having theirs taken by stewards mid game as they were covering the LED advertising. Sounding like more stress than it's worth.

On 18/03/2023 at 23:10, Farnywhite said:

Goes for a lot of clubs Chelsea used to get some really poor crowds in the 80s and Everton averaged 19,000 92/93 season and have the record for being involved in lowest attendance in premier league history 3,039 at Wimbledon that season . Doesn’t seem that long ago really 

Yea its true, from around 88 to 94 ish only 3 clubs got 30k avg crowds, was a really low point for attendances in england…probably reflective of social issues all over the country at the time.

that low avg on 92 for Everton was 20k, same season Chelsea 18k and Arsenal 24k.

10 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Was originally planning to take mine and basically wing it, had no issues getting it into Euros matches etc but I've read that club games are treated differently and it's a bit more strict.

Mine does have a fire cert but its 50cm larger than the regulations on Wembley site. I know @Leyther_Matt emailed Wembley for info just after the semi and they didn't even reply which is really helpful.

I'm veering towards not taking it, not worth the hassle of it being confiscated or me not being allowed in. Also seen on twitter Newcastle fans having theirs taken by stewards mid game as they were covering the LED advertising. Sounding like more stress than it's worth.

Get it taken. Surely isn’t an issue for if they can let them in for England games. Mine is 8 foot so fuck knows where it stands in the regulations but worst they can do is leave it somewhere for you to pick it up after the game. Guessing the Newcastle fans were doing it from the middle tier which is a bit daft when you’re used to these kinds of things but plenty of railings in the lower tier (fairly sure we’ve got one not far from us where the walkways are towards the back)

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Get it taken. Surely isn’t an issue for if they can let them in for England games. Mine is 8 foot so fuck knows where it stands in the regulations but worst they can do is leave it somewhere for you to pick it up after the game. Guessing the Newcastle fans were doing it from the middle tier which is a bit daft when you’re used to these kinds of things but plenty of railings in the lower tier (fairly sure we’ve got one not far from us where the walkways are towards the back)

At Euros (granted was during covid so much more sparse attendance) it was a cursory check and in you go, here they're on about outer cordons with measuring gagues for bags and flags etc.

I am in middle tier...

29 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I’m taking ours.

Its 10ft by 6 so it’s over the official size allowed.

Its just pot luck on the gate I guess but my sober partner will have it in her “A4”handbag.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

You lads travelling with kids who have never been to Wembley are going to have a brilliant day

Told my lad he can have his first beer in a pub with me before the game.

it’s emotional. Always loved this trophy

33 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

At Euros (granted was during covid so much more sparse attendance) it was a cursory check and in you go, here they're on about outer cordons with measuring gagues for bags and flags etc.

I am in middle tier...

Can’t remember there being many rails in middle tier? Chuck it down to us and I’ll put it up with ours 😂 

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just checked the betting we are slight favourites, let’s hope the bookies are right I’d be making Plymouth favourites.

I'm really surpised that Plymouth aren't favourites. Anyway, as you say, let's hope the Bookies are right on this occasion 

We owe Plymouth after they got away very well taking 4 points off us this season.

That 0-0 against them at home in January 9/10 wouldve been a win for us, we battered them, fair play to their defending and mostly their goalkeeper.

I remember their players were even faking head injuries in stoppage time to waste time and when the final whistle came, most of their team collapsed as they were blowing out of their arses.

This gives me so much confidence. They are where they are for a reason, but on our day we are more than capable. On that big Wembley pitch, if we implement our style we got a great chance.

But this also a cup final, in front of nearly 80,000, we don't know how the players might react.