Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Home

Ani

The only time away fans would be taken in to account would be if there was a nationwide red weather alert. Other than that, it’s just conditions around the ground that need to be considered, and the forecast this weekend probably doesn’t crack the top 10 at the Reebok. 

40 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'd also add that we lost two supporters travelling to/from Ipswich (iirc).

Now of course travelling always has a bit of risk, but is it reasonable to put other fans at undue risk?

If the weather down there is that bad they stay at home - dont inconvenience 16k home fans and the club who need to fit a fixture in somewhere

And not sure the deaths were weather related - it was mid may so wasnt snow anyway

Took me half an hour to dig the car out this morning and another hour to do the 7 miles to the M65, so that I could head to North Lancs for the weekend, ensuring I can get to the game easily enough.

Superfan points, surely?

1 hour ago, green genie said:

image.thumb.png.9a9d8607bac32bfa120ef4ff4aef14f6.png

Thats Oakwell . South Yorkshire police protecting their overtime not pulling game now

Looks very different now though. This morning I wouldn’t have given anything for the Barnsley v Plymouth game being on but it stopped snowing at mid day, has been brilliant sunshine since and the snows thawing fast so even if it does get cold tonight I can’t see them calling it off now. Long trip for the Plymouth lot though so I’d have thought if it was seriously still in danger they’d call it off today so people don’t set off in advance?

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

If the weather down there is that bad they stay at home - dont inconvenience 16k home fans and the club who need to fit a fixture in somewhere

And not sure the deaths were weather related - it was mid may so wasnt snow anyway

I know. That's why I said "undue" risk for those travelling in bad weather.

I'm sure if it was the other way, folk on here would be pissed off If they had bought tickets (and maybe train tickets too) and couldn't go.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

You cant call off a football match because away fans have a problem getting to the game, and like R2R says - fuck um

Exactly

Some odd comments

Weatherwise. Shrewsbury took me an hour to do 100 yards

And only this season, ipswich away was looking an absolute pig on the trains

• Moderators
6 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

Just stop playing midweek aways 4 hours from home

Sorted

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'd also add that we lost two supporters travelling to/from Ipswich (iirc).

Now of course travelling always has a bit of risk, but is it reasonable to put other fans at undue risk?

That was nothing to do with weather 

Just an unfortunate accident 

Anyway 

It's a long way 

A decent amount may have already made the journey 

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Dunno how it works, but if a load of their fans decide not to try, can they return tickets and get a refund?

No, not once Ipswich have gone off sale. Same as when folk have trains cancelled etc and can’t get a refund on their match tickets (or indeed their train tickets half the time!)

• Site Supporter

Trafford

Toal.        Santos.      Jones 

Bradley.  Dempsey.  Morley.     John 

Shoretire 

Nlundulu.   Charles 

Reasoning behind some of those selections - While LCB isn’t Jones’ best position, I wouldn’t have him replacing any others in the back line and I think Ipswich are the type of opposition where his experience, reading of the game ability to join in attacks, bringing the ball out from the back will be useful.

Similarly I think the opposition might suit Shoretire starting in the 10 role today.

Charles partner is also debatable - Id plump for Nlundulu, while Vic and Jerome are easing back in from injury. I’ve actually quite liked the look of him in his brief Cameos - I could be wrong on this, but I think he’s the quickest of the bunch too.

I wouldn’t be dropping any of the rest.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, desperado said:

Trafford

Toal.        Santos.      Jones 

Bradley.  Dempsey.  Morley.     John 

Shoretire 

Nlundulu.   Charles 

Reasoning behind some of those selections - While LCB isn’t Jones’ best position, I wouldn’t have him replacing any others in the back line and I think Ipswich are the type of opposition where his experience, reading of the game ability to join in attacks, bringing the ball out from the back will be useful.

Similarly I think the opposition might suit Shoretire starting in the 10 role today.

Charles partner is also debatable - Id plump for Nlundulu, while Vic and Jerome are easing back in from injury. I’ve actually quite liked the look of him in his brief Cameos - I could be wrong on this, but I think he’s the quickest of the bunch too.

I wouldn’t be dropping any of the rest.

I’d be happy if this team took the pitch today