Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury Town (H)

Burndens Bogs

It’s as much down to nerves as anything at this time of the season. The Shrews have nothing to play for which can go either way but we have everything to play for, as do Derby and Posh. Expect some strange results because they won’t all go to plan. Hopefully though ours will but it won’t be without some finger nail biting? 🥴

• The topic was pinned

Shrewsbury only had 3 players on the bench against Plymouth on Tuesday, a couple of injured lads may be back and Ryan Bowman who was suspended is available again. Still could be a patched up side coming up tomorrow.

We really need to kick off this run of home games by picking up 3 points.

To be fair if we can’t beat the 3 teams coming to the UniBol without the services of Rico and Toal then we wouldn’t deserve to make the play offs. Personally I wouldn’t take any risks with either and just make sure they’re fit to play if we do make it. Sit them on the bench and gently ease them back for 10 or 20 minutes at the end of games for some match fitness.

We should be relatively fresh, Lee is back. Randell looked like a footballer at last, and, we always beat these dudes at home. They've a small squad, had some tough games and had some bad injuries - Hold our nerve, start fast and secure the points. 

Bolton HT/FT is the bet today, readies to be made and tonight i'll be eating steak, gargling down chateau de pape and closing my eyes pretendin my mrs is prime Audrey Hepburn whilst tootin me off. 

Enjoy the day Wanderers!

25 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

We should be relatively fresh, Lee is back. Randell looked like a footballer at last, and, we always beat these dudes at home. They've a small squad, had some tough games and had some bad injuries - Hold our nerve, start fast and secure the points. 

Bolton HT/FT is the bet today, readies to be made and tonight i'll be eating steak, gargling down chateau de pape and closing my eyes pretendin my mrs is prime Audrey Hepburn whilst tootin me off. 

Enjoy the day Wanderers!

Audrey Hepburn? Fuckin’ ‘ell & i thought i was old! 😃

Enjoy.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Enjoy the day Wanderers!

Williams has much more about him than we've seen. I've got high hopes for him next season. Hopefully he finishes strongly this season

• Site Supporter

Team prediction time:

Trafford

Jones.      MJ.     Johnston 

Bradley.          Sheehan.           John

Lee.       Dempsey

Charles.             Adebeyejo

Talk of a fit Lee coming back in (although that could be as a sub), if he does I think he might go one CDM (Sheehan) and two number 8’s. Could be Morley’s turn for a rest. But won’t be disappointed if it’s Thomason as part of the 3.

Back 3 will stay the same. He’ll continue with Bradley, although if we are secure by Bristol. only then will he think of resting him. Toss up between John/Williams (who played well Tuesday) on the left.

I’ve gone for Vic as Charles partner up front.

Thoughts?

Just now, desperado said:

Team prediction time:

Trafford

Jones.      MJ.     Johnston 

Bradley.          Sheehan.           John

Lee.       Dempsey

Charles.             Adebeyejo

Talk of a fit Lee coming back in (although that could be as a sub), if he does I think he might go one CDM (Sheehan) and two number 8’s. Could be Morley’s turn for a rest. But won’t be disappointed if it’s Thomason as part of the 3.

Back 3 will stay the same. He’ll continue with Bradley, although if we are secure by Bristol. only then will he think of resting him. Toss up between John/Williams (who played well Tuesday) on the left.

I’ve gone for Vic as Charles partner up front.

Thoughts?

I think Morley will probably start, and lee on the bench. 

I don't think Shrewsbury will sit deep. They seem to be a team that wants to play on the front foot and that usually suits us better than teams that sit deep. Not really arsed how they win as long as it's 3 points.