Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Blackpool

gonzo

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Another one players need to be bang up for from the minute they go back into training at start of this coming week.

Realistically it won't get much of a mention before Thursday (presumably not much training etc the day after Shrewsbury away).

Blackpool have no midweek game which isn't ideal.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Realistically it won't get much of a mention before Thursday (presumably not much training etc the day after Shrewsbury away).

Blackpool have no midweek game which isn't ideal.

I'd actually got my weeks mixed up and thought this was a clear run to next Saturday so of course Shrewsbury is the next game and the biggest. I just hope we treat the Blackpool fixture (and their big following) appropriately. You'd expect them to be into us from the off.

They'll be massively up for this just like Wigan were. If we swan in to the game thinking anything other we'll come up short. They need to get their mentality right after the Shrewsbury game and focus on a proper derby. Its ages since we beat one of Blackpool, PNE, Blackburn, Burnley, Wigan. Time to put that right.

Definitely a tough one this, arguably our toughest so far and especially seeing as we rarely perform in front of a big crowd. We have to show our credentials in this one if we’re really to be considered true automatic contenders. I think we will so I’ll also go 2-1 to Wanderers but winning from behind this time. 🥴

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Aye well let's just hope I'm not annoyed come 5pm next Saturday. I won't be on my own, so will hundreds of Wanderers fans in my age group. We need to be up for it.

I will be well pissed off if they beat us never liked them and never will always been the same since the mid 70s.

4 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Aye well let's just hope I'm not annoyed come 5pm next Saturday. I won't be on my own, so will hundreds of Wanderers fans in my age group. We need to be up for it.

Let's hope we are not annoyed Paul. I'm sure you will have some well constructed pithy put down of our equine abusing friends from the coast whatever the result. 

• The topic was pinned

I watched them play Bromley in the cup over the weekend. They have a Santos replica at the back (Ekhpiteta) who is up for the scrap and throws himself about. Dembele in midfield is tricky although he had a quieter second half and Lavery took his goal well, they have Jordan Rhodes but he didn’t play.

I know they were only playing Bromley but you need the right attitude playing lower level teams on their own patch and Blackpool had it in spades on Saturday. They knock it around well and It’s going to be a tough fixture for us.

2 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

I watched them play Bromley in the cup over the weekend. They have a Santos replica at the back (Ekhpiteta) who is up for the scrap and throws himself about. Dembele in midfield is tricky although he had a quieter second half and Lavery took his goal well, they have Jordan Rhodes but he didn’t play.

I know they were only playing Bromley but you need the right attitude playing lower level teams on their own patch and Blackpool had it in spades on Saturday. They knock it around well and It’s going to be a tough fixture for us.

They did in the first half, they were terrible second half though (where’ve we heard that before) and if Bromley could finish then Blackpool would be playing them back at their place in a replay.

Not that I think that game has any bearing on Saturday but that second half showed they are far from an intimidating team. 

4 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

I think they are a decent team, they’ll be very dangerous and motivated opposition and our record stinks against them, however there style of play should suit us, hope they don’t change style and sit back hit on the break as that’s a problem for us, not a clue how this game will play out. 

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

They did in the first half, they were terrible second half though (where’ve we heard that before) and if Bromley could finish then Blackpool would be playing them back at their place in a replay.

Not that I think that game has any bearing on Saturday but that second half showed they are far from an intimidating team. 

That miss by the Bromley player at the end, deary me. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think they are a decent team, they’ll be very dangerous and motivated opposition and our record stinks against them, however there style of play should suit us, hope they don’t change style and sit back hit on the break as that’s a problem for us, not a clue how this game will play out. 

I’m looking forward to it, for sure but I am worried.