Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Northampton Town (A)

BeeversLeftPeg

Good point all things considered and other results have been generally favourable. 

Derby only draw. 

Posh hammered. 

I fear Pompey have gone now but I thought that earlier on in the season. 

Only won 2 of our last 5 now so crucial we win these next 2 home games.

21 minutes ago, deeane Koontz said:

He proper attacked the ball for that header!

Something we’ve been lacking is players hanging around the edge of the box to pick up headers away. Excellent job.

But if we’re going to make the automatics we can’t afford any more shit shows like that. Already too many.

Edited by Wanderlust

Thankfully the table doesn't look as bad as it could have, hit the post, hit the bar, mad goal mouth pinball near end all with 10 men.

dare to say we would have won with 11, no more reds now please, especially tackles like that, stop making it harder for ourselves.

Edited by Didledee

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Didnt turn out too bad in the end. Derby drew, Posh beat.

Collins has to start next game.

This - all of it.

Looked such an even game in the second half considering it was 11 v 10.

Fair play to Evatt for changing the system, fair play to the players for the effort they put in with one less player.

I said get out of here with a point and move on, losing no ground to Derby and gaining a point on Posh is an added bonus.

Santos can’t come back quick enough.

49 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nah, he can pass and is stronger than others.

He didn't give today's free kick away neither.

Agree he can pass well, I wasn't referring to today's free kick (Dempsey not on form today).

Tomo's good, but so are all the others midfielders, all got different qualities.  Maghoma is as strong and as good a player IMO, Tomo certainly isn't so much better that we can accommodate the risk he brings.

Anyway, happy with the point.  Move on, and Maghoma back in for 3 games presumably, and yes we'll miss some of Tomo's passing but we'll gain elsewhere.

Pompey were always going to win so that equalizer in the context of the Derby and Posh results is brilliant. Got an eye on Barnsley, that type of late win they got today will give them momentum. 

Time of year to be looking who promotion rivals have next up, before we know it the weather will be warmer and we'll be into the febrile latter stages of a battle for the automatics. I hope we look back on this point as a key moment.

5 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Much better 2nd half but we can't be that shite first half. It's too slow and too passive. Overall just take the point and move on but George needs to learn his lesson. 

He’ll have 3 matches out to do that now the idiot. 🫣

• Site Supporter

We rattle on about Derby like they’ve been amazing all season.

Other teams want their scalp and - guess what - up their game against them. Which means they drop points.

Same for us.

There are always 11 players trying to stop us winning.

Great point that under the circumstances and one that could make a huge difference when the table is finished

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Doesn't really matter, its Portsmouth and Derby that are the competition  for the top two slots

Peterborough were favourites to win the league 2 weeks ago - keeping our safety margin on them is definitely a plus.

10 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

Bodvarsson came on with Collins and changed the game against Barnsley. Not sure how Jerome comes on ahead of him. 

Not saying it’s right but the only reason I can see is Jerome is better in our box defending set pieces 

6 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

I'm pretty sure Jones was having a go at the ref because the guy threw himself to the floor. Nobody touched him. Shocking decision from a wank referee. 

He was having a a go at CMG because just prior them winning the free kick we'd had a free kick that CMG stupidly tried kicking at their player who was stood too close.

1 minute ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Need to win our 8 home games.

No more slip ups.

Refs are shite most weeks but we just need to deal with it.

They may be but stupid tackles like George’s and shirt pulling like Sheehans get punished and it’s just stupid and unnecessary and make it easy for refs to dish out cards. We brought it on ourselves today.