Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Athletic (A)

Leyther_Matt

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Hull have two rugby teams though, one half wouldn't give a shit

Its tinpot in that you need to move a game to Friday to accommodate rugby 

I'm surprised we agreed to it

57 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

All part of getting in extra income, the logic would be somewhere along the lines of we can't be expected to buy a striker for £750k if we're not exploring income streams etc.  That's me commenting without knowing facts, it might have only made us £10k for all I know!

It wasn’t a change based on income, it was basically all the stadium casual staff were going to Wembley so better to shift it than risk nobody turning in and having to postpone the game (not beyond the realms of possibility).

Just got to hope it says dry this weekend or the pitch will be a right state by Tuesday.

I’m going to the rugby on Saturday on the way back from Blackpool so will be in that North Stand twice in the space of three days 🤢  

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

It was Hull FC in the final, I know Hull KR fans who were pissed off at the change

So the football club are pissing off some of their fans over rugby

That said, I think you may have replied to the wrong post

I did mean to reply to your post, but I was referring to "I'm surprised we agreed to it" - I thought you meant you were surprised we agreed to change our Crewe game to a Friday for the rugby at our place.  You of course meant were referring to us agreeing to go to Hull on a Friday just because of rugby in London the next day.  Apologies, lines crossed.  

34 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I did mean to reply to your post, but I was referring to "I'm surprised we agreed to it" - I thought you meant you were surprised we agreed to change our Crewe game to a Friday for the rugby at our place.  You of course meant were referring to us agreeing to go to Hull on a Friday just because of rugby in London the next day.  Apologies, lines crossed.  

No need to apologise 

Could have worded it better 

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

So they are playing tonight, the landlords playing tomorrow, pitch could be a mess next week. 

Just looked and thankfully little or no rain forecast between now & Tuesday.

Still won’t be an easy surface I would guess. 

We should still be good enough to beat them though. 

11 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

We'll bang these, they've got Greta Thunberg up front with McGennis as back up. 

Asagards decent, see they’ve not started Humphrey’s tonight, saving him for the Santos-Humphreys rematch.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Asagards decent, see they’ve not started Humphrey’s tonight, saving him for the Santos-Humphreys rematch.

I dont think theyre in a place to rest players

So they didn’t get the morale boosting victory ahead of the lord mayors show, but no doubt they’ll all play out of their little skins on Tuesday in their World Cup Final.

Then they’ll get beat by a bottom of the league side the week after.

Lets do the turds.

Edited by Burndens Bogs