Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford (H)

L/H White

When we play like that we're the best team in the league and no-one can touch us. However that involves playing well AND finishing our chances which is something that has happened too seldom.

That 4th goal was wonderfully crafted, really awesome performance, other games didn't go our way but we improved our goal difference and if Derby need Reading to go down to 10 men to win, we surely can go there and get something.

Non stop running from the two strikers - exactly what you'd expect from Dion and Vic - except that their hold up play was better IMO. They looked good as a strike partnership but perhaps they were helped with everyone else's performances.

Great to see us keeping the pressure on for the whole game and not put pressure on ourselves with daft mistakes at the back. Same again on Saturday please.

Play like that Saturday and we've nothing to fear. Don't even feel like we got into top gear tonight. Absolute domination from start to finish. 

Aggressive in our play. Moved the ball a lot more quickly than I've seen of late. Plenty of movement and options for players on the ball. Really, really good performance. 

Let's try and take that onto the weekend.

What a result that was. Was expecting a right graft tonight and half of me was expecting  / hoping we'd get a point.

But, blown away with how excellent we were. We keep digging it out, we throw a result in Saturday then its all up for Grabs

Tremendous performance from start to finish, 1-11 and subs. Bod and Collins a very good partnership, both intelligent enough to see what each other was trying to do. Not everything came off but a lot did and the pictures they could both see were superb. 

Top performances all over, Sheehan masterful, Ogbeta with a super goal and glorious ball for 4th. Defenders all miles more on it and doing their jobs, good to see.

Can’t ask for much more than that, bloody brilliant tonight. Absolute quality performance, Oxford couldn’t lay a glove on us. Man for man our boys were first to everything & dominated all their duals. Real statement win in which we can take something out of, protected our backup GK & had 5 different scorers. COYWM

Just now, Deanu said:

Can’t ask for much more than that, bloody brilliant tonight. Absolute quality performance, Oxford couldn’t lay a glove on us. Man for man our boys were first to everything & dominated all their duals. Real statement win in which we can take something out of, protected our backup GK & had 5 different scorers. COYWM

Didn't Collins get 2? Or did I mishear the announcer? 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TroySwoosh said:

torn on cashing out on the 5-0

1 hour ago, Pidd.1204 said:

Please tell me you backed this😂

Yeah backed it so I was torn too 

The fifth went in too early 

So had finger hovering over cash out and when Jerome went one on one I cashed out the useless cunt 

But that's ok as I'd backed Sheehan too

Screenshot_20240312-232910.png

Screenshot_20240312-232942.png

Screenshot_20240312-232959.png