Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Roverrrs V Bolton

fishbulb

A good defensive performance, Amos commanding and Prince did very well with Rhodes and Blackburns direct threat.

On the ball the first half was quite possibly the worst game of football I've seen in a while however was it a tactic by Lennon? Force Rovers back to create the space to play through midfield?

If so it worked. We got the ball down and controlled the game in the second half. Davies, Danns and Clough being very good.

We were the better team and should have won the game.

Not too disappointed thought Moxey was excellent nice to see Mavies show up let's hope he keeps that level of performance up! Once Prats is fit shouldn't be too far off would love a striker but can't see it,NL needs to give Dobbie a full game even if he has to drop Zack.

A good defensive performance, Amos commanding and Prince did very well with Rhodes and Blackburns direct threat.

On the ball the first half was quite possibly the worst game of football I've seen in a while however was it a tactic by Lennon? Force Rovers back to create the space to play through midfield?

If so it worked. We got the ball down and controlled the game in the second half. Davies, Danns and Clough being very good.

We were the better team and should have won the game.

No, not a tactic

It was the same for the majority of the game against Forest

• Site Supporter

Delighted to come away with a draw and not really done any worse than I thought we would have over the first 5 games.

3 home games in the next 4 now, hopefully a chance to get a win or 2 on the board. We aren't that far from being a decent team but 1 or 2 players are desparate for a goal.

Roverrrs are going down though, they are shit

Nice to get back and find out we got an away draw. But so many 0-0 draws is ominous.

I think it's bloody marvellous.

Apart from the 5 at the back disaster at Boro we've been defensively sound in all other 3 games.

We hit the bar 3 times Derby,had a gazillion chances v MK,missed a pen v Forest and had one cleared of the line and 2 Denied penalties last night.

Only takes a couple of those to go in and we are looking at a totally different outcome.

There's a lot of work to be done of course,but I'm hugely positive after this first spell of the season.

Probably a loan signing from being a decent outfit IMO.

Like someone said above we still a have clayton and pratters to come back in.

We're gonna be just fine.

Its frustrating at the moment as we are close but i think they key thing is our defence is improving.

Most successful teams have a solid ish foundation to start with, weve had nothing like for a long time.

I believe we will start scoring eventually and we have been a bit unlucky to be fair. Second half we knocked it around lovely, they were just twatting it in the air all the time.

That Heskey miss was a fucking shocker not just because it would have been the winner but it also gave me a flash back to the Holdsworth one. Twat.

Edited by tylswhite

Not quite as happy as some on here about last night. Defensively we were OK, nowt more. Ball on the ground we were fine but we lost far too many headers in defence. Prince and Mavies outstanding nowt special fr anyone else. Easiest fucking game their keeper has probably ever had

Some people liking our defence? I thought it was weak a lot.

How many times did that defender of Blackburn's have an header at our goal? once it was a free one and he should have hit the target with no one near him, they also had one cleared of the line and then there sub missed a sitter from the rebound.

Rhodes also had a few chances, beat our players with ease to get an header away.

We had one great chance and a non penalty, Blackburn had many more. it was a pathetic game, where Prince and M.Daives stood out.

Just watched the highlights and the number of free headers we gave them around the six yard box is a worry, I think a fit Wheater would improve us in that area.

A fit Wheater?????? The guys never bloody fit.

I'd hardly say they were free headers. Although they did win a few. Didn't threaten though

Edited by superkev