Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burnley 2 Wanderers 0

burnden

Why do you think we're shit at football?

Could it be anything to do with the fact that we've been forced to get rid of the good players and bring in cheaper, not as good players?

Just wondering.

We had a squad today that set up right, with the right mentality, could beat any team in this league,

Of course we've had to cut costs, we've been relegated and not got back up. We've also got a manager that most people, including me, think is the dogs nuts. We are however shit at football, I still turned up today thinking that we could win, when I saw the team I knew we had no chance.

We're shite. Proper shit!

It's the fault of the players, the manager, the coaching staff and all the back room staff.

There's about 16 people I'd blame our loss today on though before I shouted gartside out. He wasn't playing left wing for all I could see. Our squad could win that game.

We didn't cause we're wank

NLSWA.

It will all come together.

It won't start though away from home, against an ex prem team, that spends £8M on a forward.

Agree though, it's getting tough and we need to get at least 3 points from the next 2 home games.

If we don't believe, what have we got?

NLSWA

Edited by captainmed

We had a squad today that set up right, with the right mentality, could beat any team in this league,

Of course we've had to cut costs, we've been relegated and not got back up. We've also got a manager that most people, including me, think is the dogs nuts. We are however shit at football, I still turned up today thinking that we could win, when I saw the team I knew we had no chance.

It's the fault of the players, the manager, the coaching staff and all the back room staff.

There's about 16 people I'd blame our loss today on though before I shouted gartside out. He wasn't playing left wing for all I could see. Our squad could win that game.

Can't agree about our performance there wasn't a lot in the game we bossed the first 30 but when you don't score while your on top your asking for trouble, were a goalscorer from being mid table but if we don't get one I won't be suprised if we went down. I keep saying it but those running the club are guilty of running the club into the ground, if that happens they should hang their heads in shame.

They can all fuck off. That was shite.

Anyone bringing up finance is a cunt, leave it out for at least a day, we were just shit at football, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone bringing up finance is a cunt??? Not the ones blaming the fans or Big Sam or spending in the Prem? That's the problem on here. that's were our problems begin and end, money and leadership of the club. No use blaming Lennon, Eddie Davies isn't interested, Gartside is clueless and its killing us. The last fee we paid for a player was Rob Hall. We have might as well been officially punished under FFP as Lennon has both hands tied behind his back. The summer recruitment was bargain basement and where's this fucking striker we so desperately need? Is that Lennon's fault.? No manager can do anything under these two, we are fucked.

Next season they will be listing the crowd on the shit screen never mind the team. All proper fans no shit ones left of course. 

You over estimate the players we have. good players have left and been replaced with cast offs.

The idea that squad can beat any in the league is fucking crazy! We have been saying that since we went down! There are none as blind as those that won't see! Bottom of the League.

Why on earth would you turn up thinking we could win today? Blind faith mate sorry that's all it could be. 3 wins in 45 aways or summat against a Burnley side who are good at home and were in the Premiership lass season. No Chance with this team.

Not the fault of the players, the players are just not good enough.

Going Down but we can beat any team? Sorry but not even ranting now just a sad recognition of what we now are

Can't agree about our performance there wasn't a lot in the game we bossed the first 30 but when you don't score while your on top your asking for trouble, were a goalscorer from being mid table but if we don't get one I won't be suprised if we went down. I keep saying it but those running the club are guilty of running the club into the ground, if that happens they should hang their heads in shame.

Or be hung from the floodlight supports.

Another away defeat no surprise for me, we are going down we just don't have the manager or the players to save us!

I cannot see how the manager can be held responsible he's cutting the wage bill and bringing players in on a shoestring and I think some of his signings given the restrictions are decent.

Seriously pissed off and seriously worried. But if we give Lennon the boot then we deserve everything we get for sheer stupidity. Lennon is making the best of the pathetic resources he has available. No chance any other manager would do any better with the money this club has. We don't have the players or the money, but the least we can do is give ourselves some stability by sticking with the manager.

We just need to try and cling on in this league until new investment comes in. However, if that new investment doesn't come in time for the January transfer window, we're going down.

• Site Supporter

I can't comment on the performance as I wasn't there.

However, our position speaks for itself, which means we are a bit shit.

I'm still convinced it's mentality rather than ability. The negative vibe around the club seems to have set in and uncertainty abounds.

Not sure who can sort that.

I cannot see how the manager can be held responsible he's cutting the wage bill and bringing players in on a shoestring and I think some of his signings given the restrictions are decent.

Can't agree entirely, Mounts. The lack of teamwork stems from the training ground. Don't know what's happening there, but not much is getting onto the pitch on match days. That's a general comment, not about today.

Anyways, I'm not worried, I'm beyond that.

Spearing goes off.

Mark Davies comes on.

Suddenly we are wide open and burnley are controlling the

game.

Maybe there is something in that that we might want to think about.

I think that's been evident for a while we've been lacking a quality holding midfielder.

Edited by xxxxxx