Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers V Bristol City

EyesRight

Created pretty much all our chances today and all season.

Agreed and works and chases endless causes in my opinion. Given he just gets on with playing whatever role Lennon asks him to do that week I think the grief he gets is unfair.

If Lennon wants to play a diamond he should drop Feeney but ten we'd offer even less

I thought Wheater was out best player today.

They all tried, so please nobody try the "they aren't bothered" line

The most frustrating thing is that for a 15-20 min spell in the second half it was like we awoke from a doze and for the first time in memory this season we busted a gut to get forward and get bodies in the box instead of just crossing to the usual statue or two.

unfortunately a lack of confidence, composure, ability etc meant we weren't able to capitalise

I also don't think Lennon is getting the set up right at all

And we need all of our ducks lined up to get out of this

I fear the worst

I thought Wheater was out best player today.

They all tried, so please nobody try the "they aren't bothered" line

The most frustrating thing is that for a 15-20 min spell in the second half it was like we awoke from a doze and for the first time in memory this season we busted a gut to get forward and get bodies in the box instead of just crossing to the usual statue or two.

unfortunately a lack of confidence, composure, ability etc meant we weren't able to capitalise

I also don't think Lennon is getting the set up right at all

And we need all of our ducks lined up to get out of this

I fear the worst

said that to my dad, we were over/under hitting things that when confident even our players would manage no problems.

Thanks, J. Today it's more about my health & stability than the football quality; my expectations are low.

I hope to be there. I'm ready to go for the bus.

Well, I went. At halftime I wondered why I'd bothered again. Grim.

We were more on front foot 2nd half, but the old problems persist. WTF have we gone back to hoofs upfield for; to a non-existent target man with no runners coming through for any 2nd ball. And back to the 4th division long high hoof to the wing from our kick off ? Are we that scared of possession ?

Well, I went. At halftime I wondered why I'd bothered again. Grim.

We were more on front foot 2nd half, but the old problems persist. WTF have we gone back to hoofs upfield for; to a non-existent target man with no runners coming through for any 2nd ball. And back to the 4th division long high hoof to the wing from our kick off ? Are we that scared of possession ?

Well we're better than that. It's only the third division we're headed.

• Site Supporter

Poor performance yet still had enough chances to win. Madine will never make a striker as long as I have a hole in my arse.

Too many poor players, Feeney works hard but isn't really good enough - yet he is ok for us which tells it's own story. Dobbie I just don't get - nowhere near good enough. As for that prick NL brought from Celtic, twatstick, hes crap.

Thought a few did ok to say there is a lack of confidence but unless ED finds his cheque book we will be in a different division next season. We badly need a goal scorer amongst others

Lennon has lost the plot with his team selection imo.

No fucking idea what he was trying to do today. 4 centre midfielders playing stood fucking next to each other a lot of the time.

Nobody near Ameobi at all so no wonder we dont score many. 1 up front with no support?

Feeney is the only player who actually looks like doing anything remotely like attacking and he gets fucking booed!

• Moderators

For me, their early penalty claim looked nailed on. The fuck up when the ball hit the bar was like something off Benny Hill. Our penalty, which I didn't claim for, and I'll claim for anything, was piss poor. Madine is shit, but I don't think Amoeba is in a position to give him stick.

Another dreadful game and I've pretty much resigned myself to relegation already, the players can't pass, they have zero confidence & more crucially, we can't score a fooking goal!

I don't think I've ever had a pop at Feeney before, but Jesus he was total dog turd today.

First half was poor from all of the team, second half was a lot better. Feeney gets stick but he works hard and is always trying to make things happen. I actually thought ameobi had a good second half apart from the penalty, worked hard to create a few very good chances.

Vela was solid defensively but distribution was unusually poor. Although we had the better chances I would say Bristol created more and generally looked more likely to score. I am started to doubt wether Lennon is the man to get us out of this mess, there is so much wrong with the way the team is set up and plays, who we could replace him with I am not really sure.

Feeney played ok second half in his more natural position Madine should have scored from his cross & he should have scored himself when their keeper saved .Formation first half was pants not sure Lennon changed it because Dobbie was injured but will give him the benefit of the doubt.Penalty was soft & we can't even convert one of those so what hope is there.Clutching at straws but at least the effort was there from most players.Fans need to get off Feeney ' s back as he the only attacking outlet ball available.

IMO the fans have been fuckin brilliant, both in terms of numbers and in terms of tolerance. The owner, chairman, manager should count themselves lucky, so soon after relegation there is acceptance of our position and realistic expectations.

Okay everyone appreciates what ED has done but the club can't simply stand still waiting for the next donor. The longer we wait the faster we sink. It's a bad situation all round and no individual is to blame but it is likely to be a long painful journey.

After accepting we now have to live within our means Im surprised no one has suggested the fans run/own the club, maybe it's a sign we are more realistic or is it just apathy all round? Before people start slagging off the idea I am not saying it's the way forward but there's usually a group getting £700 gift aid with the intent.

Feeney played ok second half in his more natural position Madine should have scored from his cross & he should have scored himself when their keeper saved .Formation first half was pants not sure Lennon changed it because Dobbie was injured but will give him the benefit of the doubt.Penalty was soft & we can't even convert one of those so what hope is there.Clutching at straws but at least the effort was there from most players.Fans need to get off Feeney ' s back as he the only attacking outlet ball available.

I really don't get the shit that Feeney gets, he's not a world beater fair enough but he runs his bollocks off, he's our only outlet and he at least tries to beat his man. When he does so and crosses it in and there's no one in the the box it's hardly Feeneys fault? We've got a shit load of bad things going on right now but Feeney isn't the problem. Some folk need to get a fucking grip

2 taxis, 2 trams, 2 trains, match ticket, ale and food. £75.

Getting to the point where I'm wishing there was something that I needed to do on a saturday that excused me from a trip over to The Macron.

Davies/Gartside - no point in moaning - fuck all we can do about them

Lennon - again, no point - we can't afford to pay him off and who could we replace him with?

The players? Fuck me!!! We have a throw in - stood like statues. Corners - no movement. Player has the ball - seems it's wrong to pass to a white shirt. Player doesn't have the ball - sees no reason to move to make space for a pass. It's them fuckers that really grind me at the moment. Yeah we pressed more than normal today but the complete inability to do the basics right really, really pisses me off and makes me wonder how long I can keep going spending the money to come over

• Site Supporter

2 taxis, 2 trams, 2 trains, match ticket, ale and food. £75.

Getting to the point where I'm wishing there was something that I needed to do on a saturday that excused me from a trip over to The Macron.

Davies/Gartside - no point in moaning - fuck all we can do about them

Lennon - again, no point - we can't afford to pay him off and who could we replace him with?

The players? Fuck me!!! We have a throw in - stood like statues. Corners - no movement. Player has the ball - seems it's wrong to pass to a white shirt. Player doesn't have the ball - sees no reason to move to make space for a pass. It's them fuckers that really grind me at the moment. Yeah we pressed more than normal today but the complete inability to do the basics right really, really pisses me off and makes me wonder how long I can keep going spending the money to come over

apart from the above,

did you have a good day ?

I would encourage anyone to listen to NL interview.

When told JS had a a great game, he went on a ramble about another 4 or 5 who played just as well.

Obvious problems between those two.

I would think that transmits to the other players as well.

IMO when NL goes then a lot will come out.

I'm not suggesting he should go but this simply cannot carry on.

Our next 2 aways are hard as is our next home.

Yes we need a break, but you can't blame everybody or everything else for our predicament.

There comes a point where you've got to make it happen yourself and that means having the ability to motivate and not criticise when things go wrong.

Edited by captainmed