Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

On 03/01/2023 at 13:42, Not in Crawley said:

Vikings Valhalla back on the 12th Jan.

Been watching a Vietnam doc over Xmas on sky as something else away from the festive specials. Music by Trent Reznor and Atticus whatshisname - brilliant programme. Some of the Sky docs are the best things around.

That's the Ken Burns one, originally on't Netflix. Best doc maker around today. He's also done the country music one on BBC4, really in depth stuff.  (If you like your country music).

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

No ones watching... But putting it out here now as my 6 year old daughter is loving it. 

Potato is Vic Reeves 

Fawn is his Mrs. 

Masked singer 

I’m not watching it either, but Jim Moir won’t be doing that kind of caper

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, stevieb said:

No ones watching... But putting it out here now as my 6 year old daughter is loving it. 

Potato is Vic Reeves 

Fawn is his Mrs. 

Masked singer 

I've only seen five minutes in the pub but Rudolf is Toyah (the real one, not the one on Coronation St).

• Members
11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Missed that. Will define catch up on it

Worth the effort if you can find it mate. You and I would have been beside ourselves having the opportunity to watch that line up live.

Some of the concerts apparently failed to have attendances greater than 100. Sounds absolutely unbelievable now but kids back then were obsessed with Mersey beat etc. or whatever the media decided to push. It was only the cool ones who knew about and loved 'our thing'. Funny how history repeats when you look at Northern Soul. Keep the plebs out ;)

Oh what a different media now! Mersey beat etc. would have struggled for the oxygen of publicity whilst the Motown Revue would have been shoved down every fuckers throat for a month leading up to the tour starting. Quite right too if you used quality as a yardstick I suppose.

Stonehouse was an easy watch for 3 parts. Bit tongue-in-cheek approach. Lead actor was also the major in the Millionaire scandal.

Did 3 episodes of Sherwood last night. Quite enjoyed it. Enough stories and side stories on the go… all with the backdrop of the striking miners and scabs. Incredible to think the name calling still goes on to this day, some folk will never, ever forget.

Fell asleep watching that Vardy vs Rooney 2-parter. Only gave it the time of day as Michael Sheen is heavily involved. Might have to revisit it. First episode made Vardy look like a total loon.

4 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Stonehouse was an easy watch for 3 parts. Bit tongue-in-cheek approach. Lead actor was also the major in the Millionaire scandal.

Did 3 episodes of Sherwood last night. Quite enjoyed it. Enough stories and side stories on the go… all with the backdrop of the striking miners and scabs. Incredible to think the name calling still goes on to this day, some folk will never, ever forget.

Fell asleep watching that Vardy vs Rooney 2-parter. Only gave it the time of day as Michael Sheen is heavily involved. Might have to revisit it. First episode made Vardy look like a total loon.

a Lot of the Sherwood  was filmed in the Ellsemere Club  in Morris Green

the Village  is Gin Pit Village Tyldesley 

• Moderators
On 03/01/2023 at 13:10, Sweep said:

Myself and Mrs Sweep watched them all over the festive period. I didn't want to like it, but it wasn't too bad. It was a bit Harry Potter for me in bits, but a very easy watch. I'd have liked a bit more Morticia (Catherine Zeta Jones) in it.....

I was delighted to see Christina Ricci, she still got it going on 

The new Wednesday is fit as well, she's 22 in real life and not a school girl so that's ok 

Really enjoyed the series, 10/10