Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators

Just spoke to a bloke in the gym that goes to all Fleetwood home matches about Long.

Said he's rapid and loves running in behind etc. Didn't suit their system of one target man up top as he often drifted and got stuck out wide or they let him has a bash but he's not strong enough to lead.

Sounds familiar

Looking beyond bwfc, theres some serious money being spent in the second tier

Including Sheff weds 10 million for Rhodes

How does this fit in with FFP

FFP feels all but forgotten for me, now.

Just a couple of clubs copped for it while it was still a hot topic...

*Edit, just like a certain club copped for that goalkeeper holding the ball for 6 seconds rule...

Edited by Marc505

Has Clough gone then? I thought the window shut at 11pm

Also what was the talk of Newcastle?

I think Clough is class. The goal ratio he had when he burst on the scene (9 in 12 or something) make me think that there is 25 goals a season in him at championship level. Sadly we aren't the right team for him. We're just not set up right for him so he won't reach his potential here. Especially out wide left!

Not sure how Forrest play but they score plenty of goals, certainly more than we have so it might favour him. Especially if they play him up front and central alongside a decent striker like Asombolonga to occupy defenders.

A big sell on clause would be prudent as I think he could do really well in the right side

Failed to agree terms, looks like he is staying then

Think that's good news really from a squad point of view (forgetting finances for a minute). Clough has scored 25% of our goals this season, without him we would need ALF to score something daft like 20 the rest of the season to make up ZC's then add the extra goals we have been crying out for. Anyway, they are both here now, hopefully Madine won't get another minute on the pitch.

Don't have a fucking clue about all the other signings, not sure how the hell PP will set us up either. We had started to drift so hopefully one or two of them can help create some goals.

Bradford signed a decent striker in the lad from Carlisle, they are also desperate for goals, that might give them what they need to make automatic. It's going to be a tough run in

• Site Supporter

Looking beyond bwfc, theres some serious money being spent in the second tier

Including Sheff weds 10 million for Rhodes

How does this fit in with FFP

10 million for Rhodes : :lol::

Edit.. laughing at this in despair really, as Clough is a far better player than Rhodes

Edited by Alf Hartigan

He's in a division higher up and on better wages - so he might disagree.

Better wages yes. 9 league places and differing fortunes maybe not.Almost hero status here, new lad status there, nothing to prove here, everything to prove there. If he proves himself there he'll still be a Championship player. All I'm saying is that he (and us)could have done better.

• Site Supporter

Don't worry Naytch - Zacharius is the modern day equivalent of your profile pic. Gone for £3m or whatever it is to help the club out of a sticky patch, he'll be back for a fraction of that in 12 - 18 months.

Personally, I think it's decent business. Cloughy is decent but no world beater. He is also probably more suited to the championship than league 1