Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Would hope for another to come in (as well as Hobbs) if we get rid of Beevers.

I’d want 2 even if we keep Beevers. We need 4 centre backs - unless he’s classing Wilson as his 4th?

I wouldn’t mind seeing us try and pick up a young lad, maybe league 2 so we wouldn’t need to spend much, and take a bit of a gamble as the 4th centre back (appreciate that’s probably easier said than done). Either that or a loan, similar to Burke last season

Not seen much of Magennis but he sounds like a perfect fit for us, strong, good worker, great attitude, brings others into the game.

My worry is centre midfield as we have very few options there. Last season's bad start was largely caused by the wrong personnel in midfield and it wasn't sorted until Henry cane in.

Not seen much of Magennis but he sounds like a perfect fit for us, strong, good worker, great attitude, brings others into the game.

My worry is centre midfield as we have very few options there. Last season's bad start was largely caused by the wrong personnel in midfield and it wasn't sorted until Henry cane in.

Henry still without club - worth a punt (at right money) if we dont get anyone better??

Is there no defender in the youth pushing for a chance?

If you get another centre back (Hobbs) surely 3 centre backs, Wilson and any youth is enough?

On the same lines, is there no left back in the youth teams?

If they aren’t going to get a chance now with our squad they never will?

Henry looked knackered by seasons end to me but would still be worth a years contract if used sparingly

Henry was on twitter only yesterday saying he's ready and waiting to come back. It's an obvious, no brainer choice for me. I wouldn't play him every game, I'd even perhaps mainly use him away from home where we need to find some way of picking up and holding onto points, but definitely sign him.

He was shot for the last 2 months. Thank you for everything but we move on

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with this the concern I have is that we aren’t moving on. Or from the outside appear to be

We seem to be quietly going about our business and can’t really knock the signings so far. We still need 5 according to PP and whilst I don’t see them all coming this week I would say another couple then the rest on loans by the end of Aug

Henry would be an 11th hour signing if needed if we have been unsuccessful elsewhere

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with this the concern I have is that we aren’t moving on. Or from the outside appear to be

We seem to be quietly going about our business and can’t really knock the signings so far. We still need 5 according to PP and whilst I don’t see them all coming this week I would say another couple then the rest on loans by the end of Aug

Henry would be an 11th hour signing if needed if we have been unsuccessful elsewhere

Aye, I'd go with all that. We need someone in there just for numbers. I liked Henry but hope they can bring someone else in of similar mound but a bit younger

Having someone like Henry in the dressing room can be worthy of a wage alone.

Especially with a collection of new faces.

You can see he is a real leader on the pitch, never stops talking.

Neil Warnock told Parky that if he needed a leader then he wouldn't go wrong with Henry and how did we repay that kindness? By screwing him over for £6m.

The reason Henry was shot was because he’d played almost every minute of every game.

If we brought him back I would hope it would be as another midfield option, brought on for the last 30 minutes to see games out and start a few here and there, rather than be 1st name on the team sheet