Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Seen us being linked with some young midfielder from Carlisle with Dempsey going the other way..

Can't see it myself. 

It'd take something for IE to let Dempsey go, a vital piece of the squad. I know he's a Carlisle lad but it's not that far away for him to be homesick.

• Members
4 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Seen us being linked with some young midfielder from Carlisle with Dempsey going the other way..

Can't see it myself. 

Is it Owen Moxon?

I think we'd have an interest, although I doubt Dempsey would go in exchange

Just now, little whitt said:

THIS 

Black Sunday (Sorry) matched David Lee for pace in front of the Manny Rd, knew he was a good un then. FWIW played his best attacking football for Forest. Knew someone who (when playing at Forest) gave Birtles some earache in a club in Manchester. Keane was right in there, deffo not someone to mess with. Mad Eyes. Hated him for United but don't  mind him as a pundit, not frightened of giving the Rags a dressing down. Don't like Wright though!!!

2 hours ago, L/H White said:

We've signed a lot of players past their best who we consider to be some of our best ever players 

See first part of my post. A terrible person, an awful temperament and a knob head. 

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

From the same ‘source’

That's the sort of thing I used to do when I played Champ Manager. I always managed Rushden and Diamonds for some reason. I'd set up another manager and take charge of Real Madrid, then buy a Rushden reserve player for 50 million then immediately retire when the deal went through. Cheating basically. But I was only cheating myself.

Edited by Cheese

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

That's the sort of thing I used to do when I played Champ Manager. I always managed Rushden and Diamonds for some reason. I'd set up another manager and take charge of Real Madrid, then buy a Rushden reserve player for 50 million then immediately retire when the deal went through. Cheating basically. But I was only cheating myself.

No wonder they went bust

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

I used to add manager to Utd, sign all of their players up to 20 year contracts on £60k a week, release them all so that had to pay compensation and immediately resign as it meant the board couldn’t block them. Immediately plunged them in to huge debt and generally resulted in them getting relegated and got Old Trafford down to about 8k capacity because they couldn’t afford the upkeep. 

3 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

I used to sign my mates brother too, out of loyalty 😂

strange bunch aren’t we

The first player I’d sign up on a massive contract was a 16 year old keeper called James Jowsey, purely because he was top of the squad list. Was bloody weird seeing him turn out for Flixton a few years later!

• Members
8 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I used to add manager to Utd, sign all of their players up to 20 year contracts on £60k a week, release them all so that had to pay compensation and immediately resign as it meant the board couldn’t block them. Immediately plunged them in to huge debt and generally resulted in them getting relegated and got Old Trafford down to about 8k capacity because they couldn’t afford the upkeep. 

Back when I used to play it in 01/02 I used to do exactly rhe same. I used to also have them sign all our shittest players for huge transfer fees and put them on huge wages.

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Back when I used to play it in 01/02 I used to do exactly rhe same. I used to also have them sign all our shittest players for huge transfer fees and put them on huge wages.

Call me a red

your obsessed with them even on a computer game😀

• Members
1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Call me a red

your obsessed with them even on a computer game😀

Unashamedly so.  If I still played it now I'd do exactly the same and still gain as much pleasure :D