Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scunthorpe 1-0 Wanderers

burnden

Nice to see the lad who went on the pitch at full time got threw back into the crowd and not arrested

Someone on the pitch today? I take it they weren't celebrating the 1-0 defeat

Ha ha

Edit - any idea how the lads got on who went on the pitch at Southend?

Edited by birch-chorley

We are now 1/100 to get promoted with Betway, as good as done

With regards Madine, it's clear we need him for PP's system, a system which has done the business by the looks of it

I think we would need a better target man to compete in the Championship though, that or a change of style but that's unlikely

Things are on the up though, lets smash Oldham and cement promotion at home to Bury

• Members

We are still 7 points clear

The critical point. If it was 6 points i could half (or probably less) understand someone panicking (or being worried imnensley - whatever that means).

We are going straight up, don't doubt it.

Well that was interesting. We climbed the only fucking hill in Lincolnshire and a pint of mild was £ 1.34

Apart from that we where unluckily really they scored one and I didn't think they had a real chance after that

Onwards and upwards

And they  served "Taddy" ale in honour of our Polish genius of days gone by.....

Sorry mate, we need Madine, facts or stats prove that.

It doesn't mean he's good, because he's not! We play a certain way, & that way means we need a lump up front. Fair enough, no probs with that, but Parky went out in Jan & didn't get a back up lump, he got more channel runners & still doesn't play that way.

That's why Parkys a bad 'un, Madine has always been a bad 'un etc etc

But it's ok guys, we're 2nd , 7 points clear!

Building for the future

Taking the championship by storm next year

Yawn

Sorry mate, we need Madine, facts or stats prove that.

It doesn't mean he's good, because he's not! We play a certain way, & that way means we need a lump up front. Fair enough, no probs with that, but Parky went out in Jan & didn't get a back up lump, he got more channel runners & still doesn't play that way.

That's why Parkys a bad 'un, Madine has always been a bad 'un etc etc

But it's ok guys, we're 2nd , 7 points clear!

Building for the future

Taking the championship by storm next year

Yawn

Firstly and genuinely it is good to see you back on here.

Parky had a job to do this season and that is to finish as high as possible in the league.

We are pretty nailed for promotion despite him or because of him, we are in a miles better position than I feared we would be so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

This one dimensional thing you have spent too long with Bradford fans. Is it three at the back you mean ?

No Mavies all season no Pratley for large chunks. Spearing missed games, Madine missed a fair few, Taylor out now. So players like Trotter wilkinson and Thorpe have had to play.

You are convinced Parky is a bad one but he will take us IMO and that will do for now. We will need more next season so let's see how he does then but for now just enjoy it.

Scunthorpe defended for their lives, felt like a cup tie once they'd gone in front and happy to sit behind us. Not the end of the world with the other results. And a big cheery wave to the bloke two rows in front of me who offered me out for daring to criticise Wilkinson. Madine might be a big lump, but at least he's an effective big lump who gives a shred of a shit.

• Site Supporter

I take great joy in us winning, if you were there you'd see it, however, I also want us to be the best we can be. It is my view, with the squad we've had even you could get us promoted out of this league.

I'm curious why you can't see it?

Does your flaxen Anglo Saxon Barnet blind your view of the match? Or does the radio commentary paint a rose tinted view instead?

No one is questioning your super fan credentials BB

But there is no doubt you only pop up on here when we've lost just so you can blame Parkinson.

Given your undoubted passion I find that odd, that's all.

1/100 for promotion tells me he's done the job he's paid to do. All at a club that was hours from extinction last year.

I don't need to be at every game to see that.

Try popping on when we've won to share all the positives once in a while

Oh, and with me as manager we'd have won every game.

Edited by Spider

Whoever they were seemed to want something. I assumed it was blades

Nearly as gay as Scunny yoof that tried it on with us after the game.

We ended up in the middle of their yoof walking back to the car. Never said anything to us bet there was some trouble on other side of the road. About 3 or 4 older Bolton basically took on about 15 kids and although 1 Bolton lad looked like he broke his nose the Scunthorpe lot ran off

There was more going on by the pub on the roundabout.

Was Gumbo wearing Stone Island ?

We ended up in the middle of their yoof walking back to the car. Never said anything to us bet there was some trouble on other side of the road. About 3 or 4 older Bolton basically took on about 15 kids and although 1 Bolton lad looked like he broke his nose the Scunthorpe lot ran off

There was more going on by the pub on the roundabout.

Was Gumbo wearing Stone Island ?

He was but he wasn't with us at that point

They were scruffy little scrotes and did run off but they gave a bit out and were up for it

I took one straight on the chin off a lad who only looked about 18 and laughed at him. He didn't really know what to do after that but a couple of younger Bolton lads gave some back nicely

Good to meet Zico yesterday. I can only apologise that I couldn't string a sentence together after just necking a couple of pints. I'll try again on our next chance meeting ????

Good day out and one game closer to promotion for me. I enjoyed the chanting between the kiosks underneath yesterday.

Birch I actually think the bloke who ran on was quite happy. He seemed very jovial

He was but he wasn't with us at that point

They were scruffy little scrotes and did run off but they gave a bit out and were up for it

I took one straight on the chin off a lad who only looked about 18 and laughed at him. He didn't really know what to do after that but a couple of younger Bolton lads gave some back nicely

The ones we saw were up for it, we thought they were from Bolton at first, were you up by the pub on the roundabout , not the one right by the ground, bit further up?

No one is questioning your super fan credentials BB

But there is no doubt you only pop up on here when we've lost just so you can blame Parkinson.

Given your undoubted passion I find that odd, that's all.

1/100 for promotion tells me he's done the job he's paid to do. All at a club that was hours from extinction last year.

I don't need to be at every game to see that.

Try popping on when we've won to share all the positives once in a while

Oh, and with me as manager we'd have won every game.

Aye we all want to see see us win but even Real Madrid lose matches now and again

On paper the squad is one of the best in the league but you only need to look at Sheff Utd who have spent six years in this division despite in that time probably having a better squad and budget than the teams around them

We're second, looking likely to go up. Yesterday was shite and if we are in the championship next season then I doubt it will be pretty, but that is something to worry about in a few months time