Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

A minority Labour government wouldn’t last long though Sweep and there would either have to be another election or some kind of arrangement with the SNP, for which Labour would have to pay a heavy price. I just can’t see it though because I think both the Tories will broadly recover the situation and Labour will self destruct before the election as the Left of the party re surfaces. If there weren’t so many internal problems within Labour I’d be all for giving them a go but with the perilous situation in so many areas, however bad the Tory’s seem, I’d rather stay with them than risk Labour.

Within a field of some quite stiff competition, it's some achievement to be so consistently wrong.

Take any prize off the top shelf.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Pretty pointless numbers at the moment Malc, we’re two years away from an election, plenty of time for the Tory’s to get their act together and for any gloss to go off Labour. Of course there’s also time for Liz, assuming she wins, to cock it up or for Labour to appoint a more charismatic leader, although I’m not sure who. Clearly things look like getting worse before they get better so whoever’s in charge has a huge job to do.

Charisma. Bandied about a load regarding Starmer.

You think these two wooden Tory fuckers have it?

Edited by mickbrown

8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Within a field of some quite stiff competition, it's some achievement to be so consistently wrong.

Take any prize off the top shelf.

W63 is clearly in his own world.  To assess the last 12 years and conclude “I think I’d like 5 more years of that thanks” is bonkers 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62436193

A clip has emerged of ex-Chancellor Rishi Sunak saying he diverted public money from "deprived urban areas".

In a video the New Statesman has obtained, the Tory leadership candidate tells an audience in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, he wanted to ensure "areas like this" got the funding they deserved.

10 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Not on the points he's made.

It's like back of fag packet politics.

To be fair, it’s his opinion of how things may turnout. You may disagree but you can’t say he’s wrong about something that may happen in the future.

Just now, BobyBrno said:

To be fair, it’s his opinion of how things may turnout. You may disagree but you can’t say he’s wrong about something that may happen in the future.

It's the basis of what he's using for the predictions. They are flimsy at best, so I reckon it's a fair call. I'll take my chances 😁

11 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's the basis of what he's using for the predictions. They are flimsy at best, so I reckon it's a fair call. I'll take my chances 😁

I think his predictions are reasonable. Many have said the same thing. It doesn’t make them wrong.

1 minute ago, deane koontz said:

Johnson got married in the fanzone? 🧐

Our fanzone will host the marriage of Boris from Johnson Fold

Drove past a few times this week. Its basic as fuck (at the moment) but decent weather and good numbers early doors it'll be great. 

It'll be utter carnage 45 mins to kick off with 400 queuing to get in for their free pint. 

Beer. Sunshine and live music. For those that get there early enjoy it! 

• Members
21 hours ago, kent_white said:

Can someone put a picture of a fishing rod in response to this for me please? 

I'm not sure how to post images? 

Thanks in advance....... 😁

Love you Bolty 😁😘

..and sir, as you have known for a long time, my respect for your good self is unwavering.

Consider me fully hooked. Had the burley, the maggot and have even kept the hook ;):D

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, kent_white said:

FFS 🤣🤣🤣

"Yeah and that's not all. I also managed to abandon the Sure Start programme and funnel that money your way so that you could win the Britain in Bloom award, yah yah".

Not all rural communities are rolling in it.

On the other hand, the huge amount of cash that was thrust our way benefitted me for a while in terms of a job. At the same time I witnessed the massive waste of such money- deprived areas of the town specifically had loads spent on them in terms of ucan centres, play areas, and intensive clean ups.

Centres were good, but were grossly under used by the communities, play areas repeatedly vandalised by scrotes, and places are back to the same shit holes.

I witnessed it all first hand; may as well have set fire to piles of cash. Could have gone to nhs, infrastructure, schools or whatever.

If you're going to fund deprived areas, then the cash has to be spent more wisely, and the people need to utilise the opportunities for their betterment, and not bite the hand that feeds them. If they don't, then fuck em.

On 05/08/2022 at 20:15, BobyBrno said:

I think his predictions are reasonable. Many have said the same thing. It doesn’t make them wrong.

See, I try and come from a place where I believe everybody generally wants the best - for themselves and society, and imperical truths when it comes to predictions aren't a science.

My issue comes from the basis that its spurious and is done (like many things on a social forum) to play to a wider gallery for the likeminded to give the thumbs up to, so that in turn they can get that dopamine hit of feeling that their belief's are right or correct and then blithely ignore the rest, and/or the empirical evidence.

In the same way that I believe Farage gave voice to something already there in society, I don't think he's evil rather, I don't think his views are abhorent. I disgree with his ways of getting to what he wants, but that is different, and in that way we can come to a consensus.

My issues with W68's contentions are;

A minority Labour government wouldn’t last long though Sweep

Why? And on what basis? It is more realistic that a minority Labour government could last a full term, as the previous Coilition, and then build on a consensus. Just to state an observation as a statement of truth, is again playing to try and gather the likeminded.

and there would either have to be another election or some kind of arrangement with the SNP,

Again, as has been shown, this is another falsehood. Labour don't need the SNP, and as has been called out before is just something put about to worry English voters. Again, not a statement of fact, and not an opinion. Just an untruth.

I just can’t see it though because I think both the Tories will broadly recover the situation

Fair enough this could be viewed as an opinion, however I would posit that given the evidence of the last 12 years, this is more of a belief. Recent history tells us, that it will be more diffcult to recover trust. If there is a counter argument (I'd start with the Tories being a very successful party historically, perhaps) then please make the case.

and Labour will self destruct before the election as the Left of the party re surfaces.

An Opinion? Opinions have to be based on something, otherswsie as I've outlined above - it veers into a system of belief. I would question, where is this 'left' of the party and what will the re-emergance be? If it the idea of Momentum derailing an election, I would say have a look at the work that the party has been doing internally for the last two years. Also, both parties are broad churches and alsways have been. The right of the Tories have driven them to this point, I'd say that has been the most destructive element of either of the UK's major political parties in recent times - both for themselves and us, the public.

If there weren’t so many internal problems within Labour I’d be all for giving them a go

If making a statement like this - I would ask for evidence oof the 'internal problems' I would also suggest that they pale into insignificance set against the drama currently tearing the Conservatives apart. Give your statement context or else, it's meaningless.

So there you go, I think that's a pretty fair assement as you why I find posts such as the one W68 made problematic. It adds nothing but empty rhetoric masquerading as valid opinion.  

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

See, I try and come from a place where I believe everybody generally wants the best - for themselves and society, and imperical truths when it comes to predictions aren't a science.

My issue comes from the basis that its spurious and is done (like many things on a social forum) to play to a wider gallery for the likeminded to give the thumbs up to, so that in turn they can get that dopamine hit of feeling that their belief's are right or correct and then blithely ignore the rest, and/or the empirical evidence.

In the same way that I believe Farage gave voice to something already there in society, I don't think he's evil rather, I don't think his views are abhorent. I disgree with his ways of getting to what he wants, but that is different, and in that way we can come to a consensus.

My issues with W68's contentions are;

A minority Labour government wouldn’t last long though Sweep

Why? And on what basis? It is more realistic that a minority Labour government could last a full term, as the previous Coilition, and then build on a consensus. Just to state an observation as a statement of truth, is again playing to try and gather the likeminded.

and there would either have to be another election or some kind of arrangement with the SNP,

Again, as has been shown, this is another falsehood. Labour don't need the SNP, and as has been called out before is just something put about to worry English voters. Again, not a statement of fact, and not an opinion. Just an untruth.

I just can’t see it though because I think both the Tories will broadly recover the situation

Fair enough this could be viewed as an opinion, however I would posit that given the evidence of the last 12 years, this is more of a belief. Recent history tells us, that it will be more diffcult to recover trust. If there is a counter argument (I'd start with the Tories being a very successful party historically, perhaps) then please make the case.

and Labour will self destruct before the election as the Left of the party re surfaces.

An Opinion? Opinions have to be based on something, otherswsie as I've outlined above - it veers into a system of belief. I would question, where is this 'left' of the party and what will the re-emergance be? If it the idea of Momentum derailing an election, I would say have a look at the work that the party has been doing internally for the last two years. Also, both parties are broad churches and alsways have been. The right of the Tories have driven them to this point, I'd say that has been the most destructive element of either of the UK's major political parties in recent times - both for themselves and us, the public.

If there weren’t so many internal problems within Labour I’d be all for giving them a go

If making a statement like this - I would ask for evidence oof the 'internal problems' I would also suggest that they pale into insignificance set against the drama currently tearing the Conservatives apart. Give your statement context or else, it's meaningless.

So there you go, I think that's a pretty fair assement as you why I find posts such as the one W68 made problematic. It adds nothing but empty rhetoric masquerading as valid opinion.  

Superbly dismantled. I think it was W63’s wish list rather than based on any rationale evidence.

Just been informed of this today in a meeting, so we're now frantically trying to see what impact it'll have and if we can get stuff diverted elsewhere, apparently an 8 day strike could add over 1 month to supply chain

Workers at the port of Felixstowe are to strike for eight days later this month in a dispute over pay.

Members of Unite will walk out on August 21 after talks at the conciliation service Acas failed to resolve the row.

Unite said more than 1,900 workers at Felixstowe, the country’s biggest container port, will be taking industrial action.

That's going to help supply problems......for those that don't know 50% of all container freight that comes into the UK, comes in via Felixstowe

Edited by Sweep