Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Turning Points

anewman

I'm a great believer that incidents in a game can define a season.

Yesterday when Jon Flanagan saved that ball on the line I said straight away that that had probably kept us up. Preserving that 6 point gap was absolutely massive and he ensured.just that

Turning point of the season for me ,was the signing of Karl Henry.

Seems that way. 

TV said last night Parky had spent £0 and brought in £11 million.   When we stay up I'll be first in the cue to bend over or kneel down in front of the man.  How folk can nit pick him, I just don't get it?!

• Moderators

You're embarrassing yourself now.

Turning point of the season for me ,was the signing of Karl Henry.

this, and the return from injury of Ameobi and Vela at the same time made a massive difference  to how we could approach games, and since then, we've done alright

just hope we don't have to start again next season in terms of finding another Henry and Ameobi, and that both stick around 

The table looks remarlably similar to todays,  ourselves and a few play off spots apart.  Parky has done a brilliant job.

As It Stood

Team P GD Pts 1   Cardiff 12 7 24     2   Wolves 11 8 23     3   Bristol City 12 9 21   4   Sheff Utd 11 5 21   5   Leeds 11 7 20    6   Preston 11 7 20     7   Aston Villa 11 7 19    8   Ipswich 10 4 18    9   Norwich 11 -2 18     10   Fulham 11 4 17    11   Middlesbrough 11 4 16      12   Sheff Wed 11 3 16      13   Nottm Forest 11 -4 15      14   Millwall 11 1 13     15   Derby 10 0 13      16   QPR 11 -1 13      17   Hull 11 3 12     18   Barnsley 10 -2 11 19   Birmingham 12 -11 11      20   Burton 12 -17 10       21   Brentford 11 -2 9        22   Reading 10 -3 9     23   Sunderland 11 -9 7      24   Bolton 11 -18 2
Edited by TrickyTrotter

• Moderators

Cardiff losing the plot to sign the buffoon was a big turning point

meant to be working but procrastinating and decided to see how we've done since he left

by my reckoning

10 games since he left:

W3, D4, L3 - 13 points

Scored 7: Beevers, ALF (3), Wilbraham, Clough, Ameobi

His last 10 games:

W4, D1, L5 - 13 points

Scored: 11: Buckley (2), Madine (6), Little, Vela, o.g.

So since he left, we've scored less, won less, but become harder to  beat, and still getting by

but we are 6M better off, possibly if there is a promotion bonus

• Site Supporter

Yesterday when Jon Flanagan saved that ball on the line I said straight away that that had probably kept us up. Preserving that 6 point gap was absolutely massive and he ensured.just that

Has someone nicked JC's phone? The thief is taking the piss by posting positive stuff.

I wonder if we could get Burke on a permanent deal? He's been pretty good since Xmas and probably the kind of young player we should be trying to bring in next season

I want West Ham to stay up may have a slim chance if they do. If relegated he will be needed for them lot next season.

Ken keeping faith with Parky was the turning point. ????

Edited by Mounts Kipper