Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Testicular Cancer

itdiddidit?

Watched a programme about 6 weeks ago regarding TC. I checked myself on the back of this.

Found a lump and decided not to waste the docs time as it was proably gristle like my mates was.

Head in sand for around 3 weeks then under pressure from missus I make a docs appointment.

There then follows a bit of a whirlwind few days of ultrasound appointments and

hospital appointments then I was in for surgery last Friday. NHS have been nothing but superb very humbling

to experience their passion and skills in dealing with this for me. They even gave me a prothesis bollock.

I didn't really want to be posting about my bollocks on the internet but there loads of blx written on here.

I have lost all inhibitions I may have had having had to get my blx out so many times in the last few weeks

but if I can tell you and you tell your mates to check your bollocks and it helps one person I've a positive

out of this.

If it hadn't been for that programme I would be sat here completely unaware, as shit like this doesn't

happen to the likes of me. As it is I'm in a bit of post op pain and I have to go to Christies in a few

weeks for CT scan and follow up checks to see if its spread but I'm here and have hopefully caught this

early. If you don't check though you'll never know!

My lump was within the bollock, nothing giving me a clue staring at me and I had no symptoms either,

in fact I'd never felt fitter. The idea is you catch this early so if you don't mind get your hands down

below and have a squeeze tonight and then maybe once a month moving forward.

Lecture over thanks for reading.

This prosthesis bollock thing, do they have a choice of sizes? Asking for a friend. Seriously though, generally, we blokes do have a different attitude to our own health than women. Thanks for reminding us that we all take our good health for granted. Hope everything is now good.

I’m typing this with my left hand......

This prosthesis bollock thing, do they have a choice of sizes? Asking for a friend. Seriously though, generally, we blokes do have a different attitude to our own health than women. Thanks for reminding us that we all take our good health for granted. Hope everything is now good.

I’m typing this with my left hand......

Haha Apparently they do just getting used to having it in there and its all a bit swollen for now.

Well done mate. Nothing but good wishes here.

Friend at work put something off.. after being mithered he went to docs. Scans found bowel and liver cancer. Had a recent setback after successful surgery.. after another liver op hope shines again.

Had something myself recently and though its not fully diagnosed yet it didnt worry me about being "mauled". Best to get checked out.

Just reading your post again and this sentence sums it up.

‘I have lost all inhibitions I may have had’

That’s what it all comes down to really. I’ve heard women talk about all sorts of intimate stuff but blokes tend to be more reticent about there own personal health issues.

Scary shit! And glad you are on the mend pal. Sounds like you have caught it in time. And the "what ifs" had you not watched that programme or if it hadn't even been broadcast.

Can't encourage people enough to get to the doctors as soon as they are unwell - blokes are the worst for it.

Father-in-law put up with a shitload of stomach pain for a good few months, kept it from everyone, then got diagnosed with terminal cancer. Something that could've been treated with a degree of success if he'd gone to see the doctors much sooner.

Business partner was 24-48 hours away from popping his clogs a few weeks back. Was in a high dependency unit in Liverpool for a while with kidney failure. Again, had symptoms, left it for as long as he could, then finally got dragged to his doctors for blood tests kicking and screaming from his Mrs. Within a few days he was being blue-lighted all the way to Liverpool in a race against time to save him. He's now popping 20+ pills a day to keep him alive and facing a right battle to get back to a normal life again. He's since told me he thinks he can trace it back as far as 12 months ago that he's "not been feeling that great - but put it down to getting older".

Prompted me to get blood tests after feeling a bit off last week. Got a follow-up appointment by phone next week - so presuming nothing major. There was mention of Active or Reactive Plasma Protein in my results - or something along those lines. Hopefully nothing to worry about.