Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Most humiliating home defeat

Awful lineup

Of the ones I've been to, the Coventry 5-1 was bad. Was still quite wet behind the ears and to see our new space age ground so empty long before the end was horrible.

Those defeats under Coyle to Chelsea and United where they were just repeatedly strolling through at will, including Phil Jones FFS.

The 0-6 to United though, that was pain that lasted a generation.

22 hours ago, Awful lineup said:

Bolton 1 Coventry 5 

moreso because it was a must win game against a relegation rival 

I'll go with that. Remember walking out after the match and an old mate, who i had not seen for years, spotted me and shouted my name. I looked up and threw him the Vs and carried on walking.

Like a good tourettes sufferer i was randomly shouting out "fuck off" and "twats" for days afterwards. I was not pleasant to be around.

Edited by Underpants

Nothing comes close for me. Ruined a good portion of my childhood and shattered every dream I ever had.

Any imaginary game I played down the side of my house involved finally getting the chance to play and beat them in front of a packed burnden. Sometime Wembley too obviously :D

All came crashing down that day. Cried during the game, cried myself to sleep then got sent home from school the next day for windmilling in on some kid twice my size in the year above for taking the piss out of my bolton scarf. He bust my nose in to a pulp and Mr Carr the maths teacher drove me home in his car.

Blackburn 4-1 was a killer but nothing comes near that awful day.