Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

46 minutes ago, Spider said:

Are the Italians injecting covid into their fucking eyeballs or something.

Most places seem to have very small increases today with a few dropping.

italy needs a done putting over it. Jesus.

They locked down the whole of Lombardy on 7th March. 2 weeks ago, so probably another week or so of growth before they see if it's worked or not.

They did the initial 11 northern provinces 22nd Feb, it has worked there, they've had big drops in growth. 

We haven't locked down anywhere 

We are 2 weeks behind them

Edited by peelyfeet

3 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

Viruses mutate, they change shape. This is how they jump from one species to another, and how they come back year after year. 

This is why the flu vaccine is issued every year - its slightly different every year, fighting slightly different viruses.

If they don't mutate they die off.

but the flu has vaccines for it.. i thought that was what the HxNx business is about , but i dont think theres been any/many vaccines for rhinoviruses and the like. 

Can't see what they want us to do other than ride it out. 

11 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

They locked down the whole of Lombardy on 7th March. 2 weeks ago, so probably another week or so of growth before they see if it's worked or not.

They did the initial 11 northern provinces 22nd Feb, it has worked there, they've had big drops in growth. 

Why haven’t we locked down, do you think?

28 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

We're already up to 233 as of an hour ago, and Italy just had 800 in a day

And we are now matching Italy who also had 233 after same number of days. 

No worry though everyone had a good night out and are piled high with beer and toilet roll from supermarket. 

• Members
27 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Yep lad said it was crazy. He’s done twice the amount this week upto last night as he normally does in a week including the full weekend. Says folk are bulk buying as well  lads who usual get a bag on a friday getting an 8 ball and stuff. 

time to dust off the scales I reckon 

Bloody hell. They want to start wearing PPE.

• Members
23 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Is there anywhere I can find the figures for the initial northern provinces?

10 minutes ago, Boo said:

Hotspot in Wolverhampton apparently. 

Because they had a drive thru testing centre and it was all over the news. Probably tested more than the Bolton one that no one knew about (apart from us) 

46 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

4825 deaths in Italy 

At 1% death rates that suggest 400,000 plus have had the virus that’s a hell of a lot of folk caught it in a short time, this has to have something to do with large social gatherings and family get togethers, is Lombardy very religious area where families go to church and then eat together socially each weekend? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

At 1% death rates that suggest 400,000 plus have had the virus that’s a hell of a lot of folk caught it in a short time, this has to have something to do with large social gatherings and family get togethers, is Lombardy very religious area where families go to church and then eat together socially each weekend? 

Tbh I don’t know anything about the area but sure it was said Italy is behind japan for high percentage elderly 

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Ani said:

And we are now matching Italy who also had 233 after same number of days. 

No worry though everyone had a good night out and are piled high with beer and toilet roll from supermarket. 

Aye so no doubt we'll have taken them over by now

Something needs to happen quickly to slow this down, dunno what that is, prob increased testing, but I'd be ok if it wasn't for the stories coming out of Italy every day

16 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye so no doubt we'll have taken them over by now

Something needs to happen quickly to slow this down, dunno what that is, prob increased testing, but I'd be ok if it wasn't for the stories coming out of Italy every day

Testing isn’t going to slow it down though is it. It’s just going to make us more aware and maybe just maybe some of the idiots  like Rudy’s neighbors may get the drift. But I think it’s too late based on what’s happening elsewhere. I’m now officially In the shitting myself camp 

Edited by Escobarp

1 hour ago, e2e4 said:

but the flu has vaccines for it.. i thought that was what the HxNx business is about , but i dont think theres been any/many vaccines for rhinoviruses and the like. 

Can't see what they want us to do other than ride it out. 

https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/news-and-analysis/features/rhinovirus-vaccine-development-is-about-more-than-fighting-colds/20202862.article?firstPass=false