Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, tomski said:

Surely now is the time to implement the salary cap. 

It's a nice idea, but it really can't work, as they'll find ways around it and start with brown paper bag payments - plus, I'm not sure that it's right to dictate the maximum wage that an individual can earn in in any industry. In reality, it just needs common sense from those that run football clubs......which of course is generally in very short supply

30 minutes ago, Sweep said:

It's a nice idea, but it really can't work, as they'll find ways around it and start with brown paper bag payments - plus, I'm not sure that it's right to dictate the maximum wage that an individual can earn in in any industry. In reality, it just needs common sense from those that run football clubs......which of course is generally in very short supply

Indeed. I’d personally like to see it but understand your responses. Hopefully after they’ve all been burnt some rationale may come round and back to the table. 

I used to be with you on not dictating maximum salaries but have changed my mind. I don’t think it will lead to a drain of talent as it’s still better than a man in the street job and I also can’t think of any other league that would pay better at a similar level. Everyone has a maximum salary per se it’s effectively what your boss/company can afford to pay you and be sustainable. Key difference for me is clubs are about to show they aren’t sustainable.

Doesn't FFP act as a salary cap, isn't that the idea?  We wouldn't expect Sunderland to have the same salary restrictions as Accrington, effectively they would just be saving up the money they get from supporters rather than spending it on the team, and that doesn't seem morally right.  If we had 20k turning up every week we wouldn't be content to watch a load of players earning not much more than us, losing to Cheltenham because they can pay the same wages.

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Just give the scouse cunts the trophy, it will then be classed an honoury title and not taken seriously.

aye, them getting the trophy "by default" is even funnier than them not getting it at all.

• Site Supporter

I won’t be watching any of our remaining games this season on my iPad. Stuff that. Was talking to the old man yesterday, our interest is so low this season we struggled to name our January signings. The lad from Hull was who I struggled to remember yet he’s played the most. Very memorable signing

6 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I won’t be watching any of our remaining games this season on my iPad. Stuff that. Was talking to the old man yesterday, our interest is so low this season we struggled to name our January signings. The lad from Hull was who I struggled to remember yet he’s played the most. Very memorable signing

I struggle to name most of our players anyway 🤣

9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Just give the scouse cunts the trophy, it will then be classed an honoury title and not taken seriously.

I agree. Forever there will be an * next to their name. Meaning they are not proper champions. 
Remember this all about the integrity of the competition NOT money. 

Even if they really want to resolve the EFIL games behind closed doors, there'll be so many inconsequential ones that the argument about taking up ambulance cover etc kicks in. What is the point of playing Ipswich v Bolton - game between a team who aren't going to make the playoffs against a team certain of relegation?

Looking at the two tables, if you really, really insist on playing behind closed doors, but want it to be a minimum while being as fair as possible based on current tables and the current form at the point it was stopped, then  5 venues/days would give a fair(ish) result:

Day one, venue one

12pm KO Rotherham v Doncaster

8pm KO Oxford v Wycombe

Day two, venue 2

12pm Pompey v Sunderland

8pm Fleetwood v Peterborough

Day three, venue 3

12pm Dons v Tranmere

8pm Rochdale v Wimbledon

Day 4, venue 4

12pm winner match 1 v winner match 4

8pm winner match 2 v winner match 3

The two victors from these games go up, along with Coventry

Day 5, venue 5

12pm loser match 5 v loser match 6

Loser goes down with us and Southend

8pm Exeter v Cheltenham 

winner goes up along with current top 3 in League 2.

10 games on 5 days at 5 venues, minimising hassle and probably giving the same result as if you played every bloody game that's left.

Or summat

Edited by SatanGreavsie

• Members

Can someone explain to me how the shitting crikey can you play football in the middle of highly contagious pandemic behind closed doors.

Its still about 100 in a stadium. 
Do they test them every game? Every training session? All the staff? All the external staff. 

We can’t get tests for nurses what chance have we got for thousands of footballers? 
They’re aiming for 6th June to restart. So to start training you’re gonna be looking at 16th May at the latest. 
Im not hopeful. 

6 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Can someone explain to me how the shitting crikey can you play football in the middle of highly contagious pandemic behind closed doors.

Its still about 100 in a stadium. 
Do they test them every game? Every training session? All the staff? All the external staff. 

We can’t get tests for nurses what chance have we got for thousands of footballers? 
They’re aiming for 6th June to restart. So to start training you’re gonna be looking at 16th May at the latest. 
Im not hopeful. 

Pretty much yes regarding testing, that’s what I’ve read 

fuck training they’ll be reet seen plenty of footballers on Instagram in their gardens😀

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Impossible and all because they want Liverpool to win the EPL.

Call it off, start again next season, what we don't want is a knock-on effect that could last 3 seasons, it better to write of the existing one imo.

You been twatted of a scouser 

you ooze hatred grey 

• Members
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Thought you was ok😀

any day over city 

A Flesh eating Parasite down my Japs eye over those murdering sympathising fuckers winning the league.

Im with Grey the dirty red 

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

No scouse twat has ever had the better of me, they aren't even funny, scrounging job dodging thieving unfunny scruffy bindipping cunts!

At the end of the day you win a title legitimately, not by saying we would have won it if ....???? 

More than likely they would have done, but an * (asterix) next to the title if they are given it means no fucker will ever take it seriously and that will do for me.

Personally i would build a 25ft wall around Liverpool with barbed wire on top, throw them a few manky kippers over each day to keep them going. In fact put a big dome over the fuckers like they did in the Simpsons movie.

Yep i hate the scouse cunts! 

That asterix plus denying them the chance to celebrate it properly would make me very happy indeed