Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2021

miamiwhite

4 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

What a player.

Just checked - 5 players have won the English top flight "Golden Boot" 3 times or more in the post war era.

Lineker, Shearer and Kane did it three times. Henry four. Greavsie did it six times. All in an era when pitches were mud-baths, defenders were assassins, sports science for recuperation was in its infancy, and with his own battle against the booze. God alone knows what he'd be worth playing now...

RIP

There was a documentary on BT Sport last summer about Greaves. Hope its repeated, well worth a watch.

Before my time, but Dad says Greaves was by far the best he saw, and he was brought up watching Lofthouse, Matthews, Charlton etc.

23 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

There was a documentary on BT Sport last summer about Greaves. Hope its repeated, well worth a watch.

Before my time, but Dad says Greaves was by far the best he saw, and he was brought up watching Lofthouse, Matthews, Charlton etc.

Similar. Two best players my Dad ever saw were Jimmy Greaves and Duncan Edwards 

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

It can still be found on their website/app.

No doubt it'll be repeated on the TV channel itself in the next few days, though.

• Members

After Nat, Jimmy Greaves was Granddads favourite player, he would always bring him when talking about the best players. He genuinely held him in the same regard as Pele, Maradona & Eusebio 

Gutted about Boycie, cracking character. Suppose we’re in that era now where we will see old players and tv actors who we’ve grown up pass. 

"I might be able to con people into buying my cars. I might be able to convince them you conceived and gave birth in 7 days flat. But how the hell am I going to persuade them my granddad was Louis Armstrong."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

Colin (Coal-Lynne) Powell.

Army bloke and former Secretary of State for The Great Shaytan.

I genuinely didn’t know for a long time he was called Colin. 

Coal Lynne. Get out