Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

45 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Sounds like they will be scratching about all day paying it in drips and drabs . 

In practical terms that's lunacy.

The funds to pay are either there, or they aren't.

This idea makes it seem like they're going to be scrabbling down the backs of sofa's, opening collection buckets, popping to the pawn shop and negotiatingoto get Nana's birthday money 2 months early.

Plus, if they've given the pay slips, but not yet paid the actual ... y'know ... pay in this month where they must pay the present wage, plus somebody said a double wage payment AND 1.25 of the same sum again. 

So 3¼ month's wages ... yet are so cash strapped they're promising today's wage tomorrow.

I'd not put much money on that happening.

30 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

In practical terms that's lunacy.

The funds to pay are either there, or they aren't.

This idea makes it seem like they're going to be scrabbling down the backs of sofa's, opening collection buckets, popping to the pawn shop and negotiatingoto get Nana's birthday money 2 months early.

Also anyone who has DD payments going out same day will be screwed. Although as they pay every 4 weeks (or do not pay) might not be as bad. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Plus, if they've given the pay slips, but not yet paid the actual ... y'know ... pay in this month where they must pay the present wage, plus somebody said a double wage payment AND 1.25 of the same sum again. 

So 3¼ month's wages ... yet are so cash strapped they're promising today's wage tomorrow.

I'd not put much money on that happening.

Yep they’ve still got to deposit the 125% on top of the wages due Today then they have another wages due at the end of June as it’s every 28 day pay cycle. 

they announced a few weeks ago the EFL had seen £3m which was in an account to cover the next couple of months wages. That was bull shit too 

2 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

What does non-payment of wages today mean for them? Another minus 4?

I thought -3, but that means the 125% payment has failed too & definitely now in the 'can't show they have the finances to see the season out' zone.

Also, they've lied for 6 months now about the 125% & they must be close to contempt.

17 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

What does non-payment of wages today mean for them? Another minus 4?

Think this is -3 but the EFL seem to be reacting month - month at the min. Surely there must be some greater sanctions if they cannot provide the money / assurances 

whilst a good few of the current contracted squad will probably be shifted out to meet this 65% reduction in budget, every single one of them must be open to fucking off. The retained squad looked ok too 

An update from the meeting KDZ & myself attended

Wigan Athletic fan groups have tonight met ahead of another critical deadline for the club, the payment of all club staff tomorrow.
The eight-figure investment that fans were told would appear ‘imminently’ last week has still not been made.
This is a worrying, critical and unacceptable situation.
Regarding staff and player wages, which are due tomorrow, we have been informed that pay slips have gone out to all club employees - something that has not happened ahead of previous missed payments.
However, an email has followed this informing them that payment will not take place overnight and will appear throughout the day.
This is very concerning. Of course, there is a further points deduction pending but once again, the overriding issue here is the security of the staff and the bills they have to pay.
The club is in urgent need of stability.
We are therefore issuing the club with two hard deadlines.
1- All staff and players to be paid by the end of tomorrow.
2- The promised eight-figure sum to be paid within one week from today.
If either of these deadlines are not met, we will work with the Council, MP, EFL and FSA to demand the owners look to sell the club.
Should the club meet these deadlines, we would then implore the Chairman and directors to host a public meeting at the earliest opportunity to detail their medium and long-term plans for the future of the football club.

Official Wigan Athletic Supporters Club
PWU Podcast
The Mudhutter
Central Wigan
Vital Wigan
WAFC Travel and Supporters Club
Independent Latics

Can anyone remember what happened to Bury, because that will be an indicator of how close Wigan are to dropping out of the league.

Did they do two lots of fixtures for Bury? I though they delayed their start to the campaign I can’t quite remember because my mind was on Bolton at that time.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

Can anyone remember what happened to Bury, because that will be an indicator of how close Wigan are to dropping out of the league.

Did they do two lots of fixtures for Bury? I though they delayed their start to the campaign I can’t quite remember because my mind was on Bolton at that time.

I'm pretty sure the fixture list had Bury in it - you just got a weekend off on the day you should have played them

29 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'm pretty sure the fixture list had Bury in it - you just got a weekend off on the day you should have played them

Now you mention it, it rings a bell. At that time I thought Bury would survive and we’d go under.