Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brand Evatt

desperado

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Be prepared for this story to do the rounds again... 

whoever it is, and let's assume it's IE

but why would the FA keep it quiet and not punish him

if they were happy to punish Toney and any other footballer like Barton, Townsend, Trippier and our very own Jerome, then why let off a manager, whoever it might be

Just now, Zico said:

if they were happy to punish Toney and any other footballer like Barton, Townsend, Trippier and our very own Jerome, then why let off a manager, whoever it might be

Was just about to say, Harry Toffolo has just been "let off" with a suspended sentence and a fine for nearly 400 betting offences as well.

31 minutes ago, Zico said:

I have to imagine they didn't pursue it because the case itself was already incredibly complex, with the intertwining blackmail case involving two former players.

FA were probably much happier seeing the back of the whole thing with a court mandated anonymity order and hoped it would just go away, rather than try to navigate that situation legally. 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, meanderson93 said:

I have to imagine they didn't pursue it because the case itself was already incredibly complex, with the intertwining blackmail case involving two former players.

FA were probably much happier seeing the back of the whole thing with a court mandated anonymity order and hoped it would just go away, rather than try to navigate that situation legally. 

Probably something like that 

I can't read the whole article as it's behind a pay wall so not sure if it looks to address potentially why the fa appeared to do nothing 

It just seems to suggest murky goings on at the FA, but I doubt they are just letting him off for no reason, or a questionable reason, or blatent double standards etc

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Probably something like that 

I can't read the whole article as it's behind a pay wall so not sure if it looks to address potentially why the fa appeared to do nothing 

It just seems to suggest murky goings on at the FA, but I doubt they are just letting him off for no reason, or a questionable reason, or blatent double standards etc

https://archive.md/TtjtA

Just now, L/H White said:

no way it's evatt, fa are only covering up a high profile manager, and the article says just short of a million was gambled, no way IE has that sort of cash

It is absolutely Evatt, the article references the blackmail court case he was involved in. 

He had a 20 odd year career and played Premier League football, he'll be a millionaire a couple of times over. Plus, I don't think it's suggesting these bets were placed in a lump sum, or even over a short period of time. 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, L/H White said:

no way it's evatt, fa are only covering up a high profile manager, and the article says just short of a million was gambled, no way IE has that sort of cash

'Only' £270,000 worth of losses though.