Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Answer; probably not as bad as some of the scientists outlined

Not neutral, but not end of the world. Probably.

Number of cases? Double?

Only my view. I’d love to know.

Thanks. I would rather not know Personally. The end is nigh now and we will be all Back to normal soon enough now. 
 

double case numbers and the health service would have collapsed of that I’m confident in my reasoning. That’s good for nobody. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 43.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Escobarp

    3457

  • Spider

    2756

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2664

  • boltondiver

    2451

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

Just now, boltondiver said:

Was the first lockdown the right course of action?

I understand why the govt did it, but history might show it to be a mistake

2nd

They should have had better solutions by then

3rd

same

What solutions ? 
 

You say no lockdown might have doubled numbers. (I know it is a guess). Nearly 2m dead across the world. So no lockdowns would kill 2m people, so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Wrong. Lockdowns do have an effect.

That’s fine

there isn’t lots of evidence that I can see, but always happy to be proven wrong.

We’re all amateur observers in this

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s not in doubt but we can see it only delays the virus and deaths, if the vaccine hadn’t come deaths would have been same with or without lockdown just over longer period. 

No because there would have been more infections so more infections means more deaths ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, boltondiver said:

That’s fine

there isn’t lots of evidence that I can see, but always happy to be proven wrong.

We’re all amateur observers in this

Why did infections drop in the summer ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Every country is struggling

Even Sweden.

The ones that are struggling the least have had draconian and swift lockdowns.

Australia. Brisbane is going into lockdown on the strength of ONE positive case. Hands up if anyone thinks it will now get out of control in Brisbane? Thought not.

 

Bottom line, it’s a cunt is Covid.

Until we’re vaccinated, nowt else is proven effective.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ani said:

What solutions ? 
 

You say no lockdown might have doubled numbers. (I know it is a guess). Nearly 2m dead across the world. So no lockdowns would kill 2m people, so far. 

To keep the vulnerable away from the rest.

It doesn’t matter, we’ll get to where we get to and history will judge who did the best things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Every country is struggling

Even Sweden.

The ones that are struggling the least have had draconian and swift lockdowns.

Australia. Brisbane is going into lockdown on the strength of ONE positive case. Hands up if anyone thinks it will now get out of control in Brisbane? Thought not.

 

Bottom line, it’s a cunt is Covid.

Until we’re vaccinated, nowt else is proven effective.

Indeed

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, boltondiver said:

To keep the vulnerable away from the rest.

It doesn’t matter, we’ll get to where we get to and history will judge who did the best things.

Thing is mate I won’t be looking back. I will be living my life to the absolute fucking full. Other people’s can launch the witch-hunt and comparisons.  😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

That and preventing NhS falling over are the only reasons left for lockdown. 

It’s on the brink.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Thing is mate I won’t be looking back. I will be living my life to the absolute fucking full. Other people’s can launch the witch-hunt and comparisons.  😁

Too fuckin right

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

That’s fine

there isn’t lots of evidence that I can see, but always happy to be proven wrong.

We’re all amateur observers in this

You're right. We are amateurs. But the professionals say they do work. I'll go with that. Interesting to know why you don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, little whitt said:

all them that are dieing most over 60

y the fuck did they not stay at home with there door locked 

95% now where mask how is it geting about ???

 

My patients are housebound and have still got it. Its usually the carers, family members, health care professionals that pass it on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bolton_blondie said:

My patients are housebound and have still got it. Its usually the carers, family members, health care professionals that pass it on. 

what point of KEEP THE FUCKING DOOR LOCKED did you not get😂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, little whitt said:

all them that are dieing most over 60

y the fuck did they not stay at home with there door locked 

95% now where mask how is it geting about ???

 

Surfaces. Stuff in supermarkets infected by folk who won’t stay at home. People going to work because they’ve no choice sadly. Loads of reasons. 
 

also I’m sure it’s now impacting under 60’s quite badly im reading?

ive just got a text now to say my mates mum and dad are both now in icu with covid. Dad went in weds and mum has followed him this afternoon. Both had Xmas with the family when restrictions were relaxed. Family are now pointing fingers as to who’s at fault. Sad times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Why didn’t they pick up in the summer with all the interactions, eat out, BLM etc?

We had loads of infections

We locked down. 

Infections dropped. 

We left lockdown

Infections went up. 
 

There was stuff on radio last week that rather than a few big events causing the spread it is the gradual relaxation of social distancing that causes the issues. So it ain’t 30k people sitting on Bournemouth beech it is people every day doing a couple of things. 
. I do think we have been incredibly unlucky how quickly it has taken off am sure given the time again decisions around care homes would be different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

That it is, substantively, a seasonal respiratory disease.

You can, run, but you can’t hide.

Various restrictions have been tried, but hardly any have worked.

 

Cannot agree whatsoever. 

We had the warmest/driest spring that started early. 

We went into lockdown in March around about the time the weather became splendid.

It took that period to get the numbers down, without doing so the numbers would have carried on Northwards, despite the good weather.

OK, the weather will help in terms of slowing an increase, but to use that as justifying it as a seasonal condition is surely understating this disease massively. 

It is also possible that without a lockdown, many more gatherings would have happened and we'd have been up shit creek earlier.

The gradual opening up is probable testament to that: despite it being a slow opening, case rates did start to rise and then came school opening which added to the spread.

It is unfortunate that only severe tier levels have shown an ability to slow and start to reduce the spread, and that lockdowns have been needed to check it quickly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

Surfaces. Stuff in supermarkets infected by folk who won’t stay at home. People going to work because they’ve no choice sadly. Loads of reasons. 
 

also I’m sure it’s now impacting under 60’s quite badly im reading?

ive just got a text now to say my mates mum and dad are both now in icu with covid. Dad went in weds and mum has followed him this afternoon. Both had Xmas with the family when restrictions were relaxed. Family are now pointing fingers as to who’s at fault. Sad times. 

Look at @Rudy

Fit lad in his 40’s and even he’s struggling today.

One of the girls at my missus place is in a shit state and she’s 32.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.