Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

• Site Supporter

You’re right, let’s be honest, it’s far far better than most people thought would be how our season would go.

A Wembley appearance, a Cup final win and playoffs on the horizon must have busted even the most optimistic of players families.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Looks like it might be first time ever in East Upper but the ones left are up at the back. Dunno whether to risk waiting to see if they open South Lower?

Bound to if demand is there.

Ring em and tell em you're coming from South America for the game. :)

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Looks like it might be first time ever in East Upper but the ones left are up at the back. Dunno whether to risk waiting to see if they open South Lower?

In the earliest days of the Reebok they used to split both upper and lower tiers right down the middle so we had BWFC in the upper tier then. I can't think of a time ever since though.

22 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Apols if it has been posted already, here's a little video Fabrice did of his day at Wembley including a little cameo for Gretar Steinsson. 

Not seen anything with the ex players on other than Campo. Sure was mentioned a few were going. 

6 hours ago, boogs said:

Don't know if any of you remember the tale I told about my mate living a few doors down from Kachunga and him saying he didn't want to leave the house after the  Dion sending off nonsense, well, 

My mates just sent me a picture of himself wearing Kachungas winners medal, said he spent an hour on the street having beers with neighbours yesterday letting the kids put the medal on. He said that the PR team at the club have told him "we're sure you'll be safe to go out round bolton now" 😂😂 

My mate said he can't work out if he was being serious or not with that. 

Great story, genuinely chuffed for him.  Clearly a top bloke and I wouldn't have wished the stick he got post-Charles-sending off on anyone.  For a player that famously doesn't score goals, to score the vital goal in the semi and then score a cracker in the cup final right in front of 35k celebrating fans - well if it was a film it would be dismissed as ridiculous. 

Almost a DeFreitas moment in terms of a stand out Wembley goal from a player unlikely to have many more highlights, either before or after.

So pleased for the bloke.

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Think it probably is mate

Twice that year wasn’t chesterfield too 

Oh of course yeah. I was on holiday for that and I remember being proper gutted to be missing such a big crowd, turns out didn't miss much!

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, kent_white said:

All four goals from the away end anyone? 😁

https://youtu.be/OIXsoTwfk3U

Fucking brilliant that. Me and my lad nearly missed the first goal as he was dying for a piss within minutes of kick-off. 😬We got to the top of the steps to go into the concourse, and I turned around and saw we had a corner. "Just hold it in for 1 minute, we've got a corner......." BOOM!! I can just about make us out in that video hugging each other and jumping around like lunatics, before being joined by a few other blokes who must have been finishing their pints 😁😍