Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How many tickets will we sell ?

Ani

On 24/02/2023 at 13:30, Ani said:

For Wembley !

One max per person. Reach round from the Mod of your choice for the winner. (Gonzo is a mod btw) - Do not add loads of comments it is not that important 😎😂

I did mean after first day of Member sales 

• Site Supporter
On 28/02/2023 at 15:15, Spider said:

I'm revising my figure down to about 26k

Based on the fact we all exist in a bit of a bubble and that the club shop was deserted at lunch time

I’m sticking with my original guess of 30,007

Pleasantly surprised by todays numbers

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

😀

A few were a bit low it seems.

I do wonder if some folk will jump on later, as more and more get tickets. A bit of a snowball effect, and folk not wanting to miss out on the experience.

You not tempted?

I think it’s great that people are jumping on, realising that it’s going to be a special BWFC experience.

I really don’t think it matters what peoples views and opinions have been prior to the Wembley game.

Hope you do 👍

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, desperado said:

You not tempted?

I think it’s great that people are jumping on, realising that it’s going to be a special BWFC experience.

I really don’t think it matters what peoples views and opinions have been prior to the Wembley game.

Hope you do 👍

Of course there is the tempation- always a good feeling seeing the whords travelling.

I've even asked my lad, on several occasions, even just for the experience. 

Sticking to my guns though, and waiting for the playoff final! (Save some cash too- just got the lad a car with all its associated costs).

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

just got the lad a car with all its associated costs).

Could start a new thread on that one! My lad just passed before Christmas, we’ve just insured him on mine temporarily as he’s hopefully off to Uni September - loans and costs all over the place!! 

Anyway back on topic, I hope they get there in the play-offs for you. Another 1995 experience, but with 2 Wembley wins is what I (not my wallet and Mrs!) am hoping for! (That’s presuming we don’t get top 2! 😂)

50 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of course there is the tempation- always a good feeling seeing the whords travelling.

I've even asked my lad, on several occasions, even just for the experience. 

Sticking to my guns though, and waiting for the playoff final! (Save some cash too- just got the lad a car with all its associated costs).

If we get the play off final it would be biggest game for years and throughly unenjoyable experience unless we win

The Pizza game is just a fun day out.  I am really looking fwad to the day. I would be dreading a play off final. 

Be great to see so many there, but more important for me are the  000s who stuck with the club in the darkest days. Real fans like yourself deserve the day not because of the competition but because we were 24 hours away from not being here. 

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

honestly think we'd take less to the playoff final on the off chance we get there

most going to this won't splash out again imo

Club will make it tenner a ticket and free coaches.

YHIHF

52 minutes ago, Ani said:

If we get the play off final it would be biggest game for years and throughly unenjoyable experience unless we win

The Pizza game is just a fun day out.  I am really looking fwad to the day. I would be dreading a play off final. 

Be great to see so many there, but more important for me are the  000s who stuck with the club in the darkest days. Real fans like yourself deserve the day not because of the competition but because we were 24 hours away from not being here. 

Agree with that.  If we lose to Plymouth, we lose, although I'd much prefer to win so that we all have a good memory of Wembley.  But even though promotion isn't a big deal to me this season (nothing compared to the angst of trying to escape L2) - losing a play off final and then the long, slow journey back from Wembley, listening to Ipswich or Derby celebrating at our expense, is not something I want to go through.  This game is one to enjoy with no fear.

11 minutes ago, L/H White said:

honestly think we'd take less to the playoff final on the off chance we get there

Absolutely.  Other factor is that there will only be a couple of weeks to shift all the tickets/sort travel and hotels etc, and generally get everyone on board.  Will make a difference, not everyone will be like us and have the date pencilled in the diary already, plenty will have other plans for bank hol weekend.

28 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agree with that.  If we lose to Plymouth, we lose, although I'd much prefer to win so that we all have a good memory of Wembley.  But even though promotion isn't a big deal to me this season (nothing compared to the angst of trying to escape L2) - losing a play off final and then the long, slow journey back from Wembley, listening to Ipswich or Derby celebrating at our expense, is not something I want to go through.  This game is one to enjoy with no fear.

In the same boat . Speaking to bezzie earlier, it's a day out I'm not assed ultimately about the result ( game day will be different) but I'm just happy to be doing something lots of other clubs won't. Finals day at Wembley. This time taking my two young uns who apart from the original league one promotion have known nothing but kicks in the dick for ten years. They're gonna be stoked rocking up at Wembley with 70k plus on . So this is for them and all the other long suffering youth. Maybe it's just a shitty pizza cup to some. 30000 others disagree with ya tho

Coywm!

53 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Absolutely and a big difference in price

Play offs - business for your troops

pizza cup - pleasure bring the flags jelly & ice cream

I’m resigned to the fact we won’t make the play off final now. 

Full pelt and all glory to the pizza cup.

Edited by tomski

46 minutes ago, tomski said:

I’m resigned to the fact we won’t make the play off final now. 

Full pelt and all glory to the pizza cup.

Oi, I’m the honorary Frenchman around these parts

Based on Brest being our closest top flight club, not being a surrender monkey 

Edited by green genie

48 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

I reckon we've sold around 30k now, or 'just under' at least.

Lower tier: 14K

Middle tier: 7k

Upper tier: 17.7k minus 50% still available = 8.8k

Total: 30k(ish)

image.thumb.jpeg.6fa055aa0b78d3f02900c1727ad55f32.jpeg

Wouldn’t get too hung up on that, I’d imagine there are all sorts of seats that are unavailable but aren’t necessarily sales

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, L/H White said:

I think you're correct, but as said above, a play off final would be a more important game, and the players could do with as much support as possible to drive them on.

2 hours ago, JOGLER said:

I reckon we've sold around 30k now, or 'just under' at least.

Lower tier: 14K

Middle tier: 7k

Upper tier: 17.7k minus 50% still available = 8.8k

Total: 30k(ish)

image.thumb.jpeg.6fa055aa0b78d3f02900c1727ad55f32.jpeg

Looking at that plan, we haven’t sold that many more than when they announced 25,500.

1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Looking at that plan, we haven’t sold that many more than when they announced 25,500.

Only a couple rows now left remaining in those 3/4 blocks.

Think we will open a couple more blocks between now and general sale Thursday.

At this point I'd be surprised if we had more than 3/4 blocks remaining come 3 weeks time after general sales.

Looking like a big big turnout! Whites Army! 

Edited by Lostock Whites