Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (H) Easter Monday

matty2094

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, JOGLER said:

Those seats never got the safety approval - travel distances too far in the event of an emergency.

I'm sure something could be done (at cost) to open then up if needed but the first option would be to put the front 3 rows in on all 4 sides (relatively low cost), then fill the ground on a regular basis - only then would the cost to fill-in the corners be justifiable.

Travel distance to where? We play in as sterile an environment as it’s possible to be. In fact, with not too much thought, a set of stairs into the adjacent lower tier would make for a shorter travel distance than someone having to get out from any of the upper tiers. The safe route from any emergency situation would be onto the pitch and out through an unaffected stand. Try that from an upper tier.

34 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Travel distance to where? We play in as sterile an environment as it’s possible to be. In fact, with not too much thought, a set of stairs into the adjacent lower tier would make for a shorter travel distance than someone having to get out from any of the upper tiers. The safe route from any emergency situation would be onto the pitch and out through an unaffected stand. Try that from an upper tier.

Guessing there’s nothing beneath it so wouldn’t be able to access the concourse other than via the existing vomitories and they would be further than the maximum of 14 seats away. 

2 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

You get wet 3 rows from the back of ESL. New roof needed.

Anyway CUFC sold just under 450. Get the South Stand Upper open as well.

Thought they had sold 1000? Random rumour last week wasn’t it ? 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

People can moan at Hart but we now have an up-to date fan base which we can use for marketing etc… perhaps he knew better. 

Exactly, and also post Wembley who knows how many members we have now, maybe 50,000+

We're now pushing unparalleled numbers across the board, 12,000+ season tickets already in April, up on last year, sellout tomrorow for Div 3 game Vs Cambridge, 35,000 at Wembley.

These are really really encouraging for the present and future of this football club, even more so when you consider how geographical positioning.

Gutted I won't be there tomorrow!

13 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Exactly, and also post Wembley who knows how many members we have now, maybe 50,000+

We're now pushing unparalleled numbers across the board, 12,000+ season tickets already in April, up on last year, sellout tomrorow for Div 3 game Vs Cambridge, 35,000 at Wembley.

These are really really encouraging for the present and future of this football club, even more so when you consider how geographical positioning.

What on earth are you doing instead?

22 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Very impressive numbers considering where we were 3 or 4 years ago & the positivity around the club is infectious.

Onwards & upwards.

25 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Did I read that there are 84,000 members?

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

It's all well and good having 25k on but when the 8k league 2 Keith hill regulars have to queue 45 mins for a pint I hope you know we've done the hard yards so you can complain the pints are flat. 

We should have a separate bar.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

It's all well and good having 25k on but when the 8k league 2 Keith hill regulars have to queue 45 mins for a pint I hope you know we've done the hard yards so you can complain the pints are flat. 

Sorry mate, you don’t get pushed up the Bolton supporter pecking order for prior hard yards otherwise the 80,000 fans who were at the Darlington game would be right up there.

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Dorian Dervite came up on my Google timeline the other day.

Jesus we had some fuckin shite.

I remember him. 

But some of the names the supporters trust give birthday credits too is crazy. 

I think I've got pre 40s selective alzheimers