Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington Stanley (H)

BeeversLeftPeg

21 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Arggghhhhh what did my eyes just see?? No amount of five quid dizzy Madri in a leaky plastic pot can erase that. Not read the comments yet....but my thoughts...

Liked the line up pre kick off. Looked attacking and I again invested on Bolton HT/FT win.....my only concern was what to spend the winnings on....

N yeah 20 mins in knew that betbwas struggling but still fancied us over 90 mins..... sucker punch goal.... And then 55 mins of cluelessness really..... Seemed harsh how it panned out on MJ....ended up in a Pirlo type role, for all the none defending in the second half could have done worse than sticking in Sheehan or Morley and play as a quarterback (hope that doesn't annoy the football purists) 

Always though we'd shank a point, we didn't. I hope they go down. Their keeper had a good game but acted like a whopper from KO. The ref, one of the worst I've seen, and I've watched some dog shit.

Back home. Can of Madri. Putting plans in place on how to get my boss naked tomorrow. She's up from Peterborough and is grade A beef. 

At least you’ve more chance of scoring tomorrow than we did tonight 

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Surely a promotion would help us attract a better calibre of striker in the window? 

It doesn't work that easily, who did Rotherham and Wigan attract when they went up?  Look I'm not saying I don't want to go up, just saying I'm not "all in" like I was when we were trying to get out of L2.  We knew we would attack L1 and be totally at home there, with a few additions.  I can't begin to think where we'd start to make this squad competitive in the championship.  Santos yes, probably Johnstone and Dempsey, possibly 3 or 4 others to fill places in the squad but we'd need to buy a new team of attackers (that want to shoot), and hope Bradley could come back.

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Obviously you’re a half glass empty type,We've just smashed Plymouth 4-0 and last season we smashed Sunderland 6-0, we’ve just had a run of games without our 2 best central defenders and our best striker been out for months, on our day we’ve every chance of catching someone at Wembley and spanking them. 

I can see why you've said that, maybe I am.  Although its just how I see it, not meaning to be negative, just saying that group of players whether they play for BWFC, Accy or Real Madrid, don't look good enough for top 6 in L1 and hasn't for a few months in the league/

As you say, we are without our best striker and our 2 best defenders (although MJW has been magnificent in the games I've seen and should have played far more in midfield when not injured IMO).  Course we can hammer someone on our day, so can Burton or Fleetwood though.  

But my version of glass half full is that the memory of Wembley is still with me, I'm not slitting my wrist at whether we get in the play offs or not, we've had another memorable season.  I'm already looking forward to August to seeing the improvements IE will make to this team, the one we've got now feels temporary.

• Site Supporter

Not sure whether I can be arsed arguing against the masses on here tonight, will probably be called a happy clapper. 

Since Wembley Evatt has reacted to injuries, rested and rotated the squad well and kept us on a good run. Yes he didn’t perhaps get it right tonight, more so the players he picked - it was actually a good positive side, even though the subs are debatable.

But I sense a massive over-reaction to one bad result.

Shoretire is simply not ready for this level of football yet. Don't know why Evatt doesn't see this. Must be good in training. 

I don't get our reluctance to have a shot. In the last few games when we have, we have got a deflected goal and a worldy from Sheehan. As they say if you don't buy a ticket you won't win the raffle

Bad performance and we got what we deserved. We spend ages passing it around to get in good positions and then two passes later we're back in our own half.

The referee was terrible and the added time at the end of both halves was a joke.

Oh well hopefully we get a better performance on Saturday.

That's our free hit gone, now the pressure is back on. 

Horrible, cynical opposition (what's new) terrible ref (what's new) linesman who seemed like he'd won a competition to be there (what's new), all true... but fact is we weren't good enough to find a way through.

Conceded 74 goals this season Accrington and we've just not tested them enough. This stat says it all.

But, its still in our hands. 

That January window though...

For Adeboyojo.. He came here on similar goals to dion and has barely bagged any or looked like it either. 

Assuming that's just our style of play compared to Burton? 

Was anyone sad enough to see the types of goals he was scoring for them as we're clearly "missing a trick" not playing to his strengths

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Nlundulu is bobbins. I don't think anyone knows if we've bought him or he's on loan. He probably needs a goal for confidence but he currently looks like a downgrade Baka.

Yeah, this really. Bizarrely does the difficult stuff well but the basic stuff woefully. 

Think this was last chance saloon for him. If we do sign him permanently I will be exceptionally disappointed, because let's face it, he's been fucking woeful and we can do much better. 

2 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

“We did a lot right”. Struggling to think of one thing. 

Also liked the interviewer pointing out we only need 5 points from the last 2 games…

We're forgetting our handicap 

+1 pt for papa John's trophy 

+1pt for being massive everywhere we go 

42 minutes ago, stevieb said:

For Adeboyojo.. He came here on similar goals to dion and has barely bagged any or looked like it either. 

Assuming that's just our style of play compared to Burton? 

Was anyone sad enough to see the types of goals he was scoring for them as we're clearly "missing a trick" not playing to his strengths

I just hope we can move him on in the summer. For all the “evatt and his team carefully pick players” he looks like he’s never played before.