Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crying at films

Ani

I've definitely noticed myself getting a bit more choked up at films as I've got older, but that sort of father son dynamic in movies has always got me good. Like the scene in Fresh Prince of Bel Air where Will's dad leaves and he has the rant to Uncle Phil, floods every single time, or weirdly the final scene of Forest Gump when he puts his lad on the school bus. 

Another one that got me that I wasn't expecting though was the other night, watched The Electrical Life of Louis Wain on Netflix thinking it was a bit whacky and light hearted and it sort of descends from that to a proper depressing spiral. Then I found out it was a biopic just to make it better. 

• Moderators

I  took my 5 year old daughter watching the new Little Mermaid film and got emotional when King Triton reluctantly let Ariel go off and be a human 

I also get emotional after Sam's speech at the end of two towers 

15 hours ago, Zico said:

I  took my 5 year old daughter watching the new Little Mermaid film and got emotional when King Triton reluctantly let Ariel go off and be a human 

I also get emotional after Sam's speech at the end of two towers 

My missus watched all 3 LOTR films over last 2 weekends having never seen them or read the book.

She took a bit of a shine to Sam. I reckon he was bumming Frodo. 

• 2 weeks later...