Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Your first (or kids) away

Underpants

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Huddersfield in cup. 1-0 win

Thats a good marker as ill look it up later

Did Oldham one Boxing Day so hopefully theres only one of them

Itll be Oldham midweek in the main stand, Oldham on the end BD or Blackpool, I think

• Site Supporter

Late 60's for me I think, Preston away on a double decker LUT bus. I can't remember the actual scoreline but I think we had a good win.

My dad wasn't a big football fan but my mum was. My dad used to drive us about in the car to aways, but never went in. He was an expert in getting around places like Bristol York Rotherham and Mansfield though.

Mine was v bury for my birthday in 99 with my mate and my cousin. Pretty sure we did kids and flids and they just parked in Breightmet and made us walk in, felt like miles. For a Bromley Cross lad it was a piss take. Lost but we beat them at home. 

Screenshot_20231229_202841_Brave.jpg.c75467caf2ba48fa43b8d4c945811548.jpg

My lads was Oldham in the parkie league 1 promotion season. He'd been to a good few games in the LOV at this point so surely the away end would be OK... Wrong. Was there with the Mrs who was 5 month cheggers at this point. 5 mins before kick off he's got his hands over his ears saying it's too loud. We left at half time. Lost 1 nil in the second half. But we beat them at home. 

Screenshot_20231229_202938_Brave.jpg.0cb8d43508c24d63a83e6168e43a6805.jpg

Daughter hasn't been to a proper away day apart from Wembley this year. Ear defenders in tow! 🤣 

16 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Being one of the younger ones on here, I think it was Chelsea away in 2008, last game of the season. Matty Taylor last minute equaliser. 

All relevant irrespective of age.. Only as good as when someone first takes you

3 hours ago, TM Trotter said:

Somewhere in between (most of) you and your kids.

Middlesbrough 2008 - dour 1-0, Gavin McCann winner. Went on K&F. Don't remember much else; the Riverside is hardly the most inspiring away day at the best of times!

That was a mega away day

Edited by tomski

5 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

My lad has less than no interest in coming to the footy with me offered to take him whilst his grandad is over in Oz visiting my brother but got a stoney face NO.

I’m blessed with my lad- his first game was on the way home from his 2nd bday hols… didn’t actually turn 2 until the day after. Just loves the ball

waiting on test results to see if he’s actually mine like

5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That game at Bristol- was it the game where one of the teams had 20 odd corners or some strange stat?

The 1-1 draw at Bath was the one where we had 20 corners, not one of them a threat! Paul Comstive doing the same corner routine each time.