Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton (H)

Ani

We were brilliant for 20 minutes of the 100 and that should have been enough and it would have been if the defence  had been on it.

Sadly, it’s more points dropped - that’s 6 out of the last 12 available down the Swanee with tougher games to come.

• Site Supporter

Poor first half, much better 2nd half and should have won.

I have no confidence in Coleman to be honest. Hope he improves if Baxter is out for a while but the defence shit their pants constantly.

Not a good result at all

12 minutes ago, noxid said:

No Santos, no clean sheets. Prefer the tall new lad instead of Toal as a centre half. Would like to see more of Mendez Gomez. Our pace was too slow until the last 20 mins. 

You must be an avid Bolton Fan! The tall lad!

Managed to win and lose the game three times over and probably a few more besides. Think the roof would have come off if Jones’ header in the 101st minute was two inches further to the left. Just got to keep getting through the injuries and fatigue and it’ll sort itself out.

I know we were minutes away from keeping a clean sheet against Wycome but on another day Wycombe could have bagged 5/6 against Coleman/Geth/Toal/Iredale the warning signs were there. Charlton didn’t create nowhere near the chances Wycombe did yet scored 3, dread to think what a decent attacking threat would do to them. 

For 60 minutes that was the type of performance that Evatt regularly calls not good enough / unacceptable yet continue to litter our seasons. 

no tempo, poor decision making to a man, stupid behaviours and overall a lack of any quality. 

last 30 minutes were better but we cannot expect to only start playing with any intent / tempo when we’re behind in games and expect to win. We’re not good enough for that. 

a team that has 8 or 9 of those type of performances a season (which we do) will not and should not expect to be going up. Either as champions or automatically. 

we haven’t been playing well recently but grinding out results but we’re treading too thin a line at the minute. Scraping around for draws when our nearest challengers are grinding out wins

standards need to improve quickly otherwise it’ll be another season as also rans 

We make games look such a slog when it really shouldn’t be. 

We have 2 or 3 phases of good play a game at the moment, the rest of it is dross. When evatt makes the decision to bring Jerome on then that’s the game finished for me.

I get the argument that we are missing players but we aren’t the only ones, look at Portsmouth, they are missing loads and a lot that would be in their 1st team aswell, yet they carry on picking up good results. 

We were 2 points adrift of them 3 weeks ago with everything rosy as we had 3 games in hand, now we are 9 points behind. We constantly drop points against teams we should be beating and it’s on Evatt. He has no plan B, sticking with 5 at the back against a team that hasn’t won for 19 games is ludicrous. 

Very disappointing

really not arsed about the weather conditions or injuries not doubt some violins being played in here soon

games in hand mean rock all if you can’t beat these at home and to concede 3 is scandalous

We are now entering the make or break part of the season and we look well off the pace and if im honest destined for the play offs 

2 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

We make games look such a slog when it really shouldn’t be. 

We have 2 or 3 phases of good play a game at the moment, the rest of it is dross. When evatt makes the decision to bring Jerome on then that’s the game finished for me.

I get the argument that we are missing players but we aren’t the only ones, look at Portsmouth, they are missing loads and a lot that would be in their 1st team aswell, yet they carry on picking up good results. 

We were 2 points adrift of them 3 weeks ago with everything rosy as we had 3 games in hand, now we are 9 points behind. We constantly drop points against teams we should be beating and it’s on Evatt. He has no plan B, sticking with 5 at the back against a team that hasn’t won for 19 games is ludicrous. 

Well said, but the 3 or 4 happy clappers will be on to you shortly for telling the truth!

Yet again we are good in spells but dog shit in others.Charlton were there for the taking but absolute crap defending cost us.If we carry on like that we'll be lucky to finish top 6.Dont normally single out players for criticism but on this occasion fuck it.Coleman is wank, his distribution is poor, doesn't come off his line for crosses, shows no authority in his own box and his shot stopping is not anything to shout about.All in all I think that's auto's out of the window, really hope I'm wrong but we are still to soft and ponderous and don't think we've got the bottle or nouce to win the play offs

No cause for panic just yet, we're playing for 2nd with two other sides, so no bad position as things stand, but we desperately need both of Santos and Forrester back, plus Baxter.

We've stumbled and blundered our way through the last 5-6 games, got away with murder at the back in most of them and a day like today had been well on the cards. 

Biggest frustration today was some of our attacking play second half was brilliant, we scored three cracking goals and it added up to one point. 

29 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Shite. 

Thats top spot now gone. 

Fight for 2nd which will be gone  after the Wigan game. 

2nd place went when they only drew with Barnsley and I said so on the match thread.The dropped points against Northampton and Charlton merely confirms it.

I don't think  Evatt has put together a strong enough side to win the play offs but not certain on that.I mean if the route to DIv 2 is Stevenage and Peterborough winning that is not out of the question surely.

Not very good that. Teams have played better against us at the reebok this season and we've gone on and won. 

All down to us. The defending on the third goal..... Lord'a mercy! 

Santos cant come back quick enough. And I don't think baxter concedes three today. 

Derby another last minute winner another kick in the bollox

• Members
3 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

2nd place went when they only drew with Barnsley and I said so on the match thread.The dropped points against Northampton and Charlton merely confirms it.

I don't think  Evatt has put together a strong enough side to win the play offs but not certain on that.I mean if the route to DIv 2 is Stevenage and Peterborough winning that is not out of the question surely.

Stevenage aren't in the play offs 

9 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Yet again we are good in spells but dog shit in others.Charlton were there for the taking but absolute crap defending cost us.If we carry on like that we'll be lucky to finish top 6.Dont normally single out players for criticism but on this occasion fuck it.Coleman is wank, his distribution is poor, doesn't come off his line for crosses, shows no authority in his own box and his shot stopping is not anything to shout about.All in all I think that's auto's out of the window, really hope I'm wrong but we are still to soft and ponderous and don't think we've got the bottle or nouce to win the play offs

Do you sit in NSL by any chance?

IF!! We had won that 4-3 people would have thought what a great game that was, however even IF we had the performance was absolutely awful, laughable defending and shehan was invisible.

Did we pay good money for this lad Collins????

Wouldn't get a job in lidl.

• Site Supporter

No real issues going forward, we look like scoring in every game.

The defence is all over the show at times though and that needs sorting pronto.

Injuries happen during a season, and to every team, so it’s not much of an excuse.

That said, to be missing your first choice keeper and lynchpin centre half is bound to have an effect. Simply blaming the manager for that is lazy. Although his insistence on not playing a sub goalie has finally caught out his arrogance in that regard.

All teams have a rough patch. Pompey did a few weeks ago, as did Derby.

A couple of wins away will put us back in the mix.