Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Andy Holt - Accrington

L/H White

Disgraceful.

Its 'bellies', 'slanging match' and 'manager'. 

I personally hope that they survive. It's a local club to me and, whilst I have no great feeling either way for Acci, I wouldn't wish them to go out of existence.

• Site Supporter

Unless funded beyond their means, clubs will eventually find a level that is governed by success on the pitch and income generation. 

They've had a boost over recent times but unless more turn out, then it becomes unsustainable for them.

New manager etc may prove beneficial for them. 

I actually think it’s a good and interesting update.

Ive always liked Holt has I think he has that clubs best interests at heart and everything he does is to improve Accy.

I think he’s took the time to explain in detail why he removed them and again  while only one version of events, sounds like they helped him decide.

Im glad to our some light between us and them as that 7-1 is defo on the lows list. That said I’d like me to get sorted. 

Feel sorry that the people of hyndburn chose to support Burnley or Blackburn. Not sure that will ever change and I can see them dropping again soon.

45 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I want Accy to survive. We’re losing too many local clubs and they’re being replaced by southern shite. Sutton,Stevenage,Crawly, FGR, Cheltenham etc.

Have you seen the Conference North & Conference South ?

'North' includes Hereford, Banbury, Bishop Stortford, Brackley, Kings Lynn.

The balance is altered.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Have you seen the Conference North & Conference South ?

'North' includes Hereford, Banbury, Bishop Stortford, Brackley, Kings Lynn.

The balance is altered.

I suppose there’s a bigger population density in the south, south east particularly and it’s the richer south. But the shaping of the conference north is why I want Accy to survive and Oldham, Rochdale to claw their way back. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

They've had their moment in the sun beating us 7-1, we've trampled them nicely since and won't cross paths in the league again for a very long time, if at all

You didn't add 'so fuck 'em.'

I hope they stay in the football league. Rate them higher as a club than the likes of Fleetwood and Morecambe. Rate them higher as a club than Wigan too! 

I think they're going to find it hard given their gates and the presence of the East Lancs clubs either side. Everything will rest on Holt's managerial appointments.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I hope they stay in the football league. Rate them higher as a club than the likes of Fleetwood and Morecambe. Rate them higher as a club than Wigan too! 

I think they're going to find it hard given their gates and the presence of the East Lancs clubs either side. Everything will rest on Holt's managerial appointments.

To be fair I rate Curzon Ashton, Atherton Colls, Atherton LR, Radcliffe Boro all get rated higher than Wigan.

Regarding your point about neighbouring clubs, Accrington used to thrive on support from both Burnley and Blackburn. Perhaps it’s these supporters who have tightened their purse strings by abandoning their second club but kept supporting their first.

Statement seems fair to me and I hope Accy survive. I know it’s not the same club but they’re still a famous old name to me and for all it means a proper football club. Good luck to them and I hope Holt continues to fund them and they can retain their league place and build from there.

• Site Supporter

Met him a few years ago. 

Took 4 teenagers (year 10) on a trip. They had been invited by the department of international trade, and the young enterprise, on an event where various business people were saying what they did. Most were trying to cozy up to the two mps who were present. He came over to chat to the kids about business amd spent ages explaining what he did, letting them ask questions and generally being a lovely bloke. Said he'd rather talk to "young uns" as they ask the right questions. Gage me a card and offered a trip to Accrington and a stadium tour with a chat about the business there (they were business studies students). Absolute gent and the kids went away so happy that they'd met (I'm their words) a proper business man. They didn't care for the MP. 

I’ve a lot of time for supporters of lowly teams like Accy etc and the people who bank roll them. 

They will never do anything but they play an important role in the community.

It’s so easy to support the big guns, especially in the North West.

Like us all I hated being rolled over at these places but was cringing when we were singing “Have you ever been to Europe, have you fuck” this season at Leyton Orient.

Football needs clubs and owners like Accy. 

Edited by captainmed