Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Each to their own.

For me it was very much a speculative effort on goal right at the death. 

You're own statement says it was a shot!

That's the point, an assist is quite nebulous, whereas a striker will also have shots missed goal ratios logged as well as his goals. XG and all that.

Watch again, he looks up and sees Gravenbach before his cross shot. A superb assist.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Jerome was also getting all the players together to go over to the crowd after the game.

Hes exactly the type of character club needs around the place. 

i don't understand the grief the guy gets. He conducts himself professionally and you can see him working/coaching/organising when he's on the pitch.

Every team/squad needs  Cameron Jerome's. He offers way more than the 10-12 mins a fortnight he's on the pitch.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Piemon said:

i don't understand the grief the guy gets. He conducts himself professionally and you can see him working/coaching/organising when he's on the pitch.

Every team/squad needs  Cameron Jerome's. He offers way more than the 10-12 mins a fortnight he's on the pitch.

Certainly like to keep him as a coach- seems popular. 

1 minute ago, Piemon said:

Bang on. Pulls his absolute tripe out during those 10-12 minutes as well. 

We looked a better team on Saturday when CJ & JDB came on. The pair of them are getting on and lack pace, but they're so much more intelligent than Charles & Eddie Adeboyejo. Once our midfield adjusted to having the old guys on and played the 'right' balls to them, we looked far more dangerous.

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seen it plenty.

Of course some will see it differently, but for me, it was a shot that didn't work as intended.

Ok but It was a deliberate ball by a very good player.

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Charles is heading the same was as Doyle for me....

Controversial I know. And I love the lad.

I get that, he's approaching his ceiling ability wise. 

Thing for him is his attitude and workrate can push him beyond where his natural ability would limit him to.

Until his legs go at least. Whereas Doyle could last longer because that natural striker instinct was there.

2 hours ago, jmjhb said:

If Collins comes in I'd expect JDB to go to Cambridge.

I agree, I think at his time of life Bod wants to play every week. Good luck to him if he does go but hopefully not to start until after we’ve played them. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I agree, I think at his time of life Bod wants to play every week. Good luck to him if he does go but hopefully not to start until after we’ve played them. 🙂

There will be an agreement that he picked up a niggle and will be rested

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

I would have thought his priority would be getting (say) a 2 year contract in the summer.  He'd probably snatch IEs hands off for one here even knowing he won't start most weeks.  But the writing's on the wall, I'd be amazed if he gets another contract.  The irony for a lot of our squad is that if they help us get promoted, they've got even less chance of staying if they aren't regular starters even in L1.

2 hours ago, Piemon said:

He’s shite. Think people are skirting round that.