Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Thinking about it it's a good move by Critchley

He'll know Gerrard is a gormless twat and will get sacked sooner rather than later, so will get a crack at the top job, and probably got a pay rise in the meantime

I doubt they'll want to pay the compo for a manager in a job already and as others have said, we're the bigger club. He will feel as much loyalty to us now as to them.

Wouldn't be surprised if they appoint Steve Thompson, who is on their staff.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If he's gone as head coach, then thinking about it, he isn't number 2.

That would be the assistant manager.

Looking at Wiki they don't have an assistant manager, with the other head coach being Gary McAllister

Over 250 games for them & captaining them in the prem does count for something, along with them also being a league higher. You also know in Evatt's competitive mindset he'd believe he could go in & take them to the prem again quicker than he could with us. We're the bigger club, better stadium blah blah but with his relationship with Sharon, the project/vision the club has got along with him being backed with cash it would have to take some real nostalgia for him to end up there.

21 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Thinking about it it's a good move by Critchley

He'll know Gerrard is a gormless twat and will get sacked sooner rather than later, so will get a crack at the top job, and probably got a pay rise in the meantime

I agree with this. Critchley has done a great job. Consolidated a Championship place with Blackpool in a very competitive league after having gaining promotion. Probably as good as it could realistically get for Blackpool at this point.

When a managerial role comes along, perhaps even the Villa job, he has an unblemished record, and he’s already highly regarded as a coach from his Liverpool days. 

I think Evatt probably knows he's on to quite a good thing with us. At other clubs, he might well - in fact, probably almost certainly - have been sacked at least twice over the last couple of seasons yet there was rarely any serious possibility of that happening here.

I could see him leaving if a club with a strong possibility of getting promoted from the Championship came in for him, but, sentiment aside, Blackpool aren't an attractive enough proposition for him to leave us in my opinion.

47 minutes ago, Deanu said:

Over 250 games for them & captaining them in the prem does count for something, along with them also being a league higher. You also know in Evatt's competitive mindset he'd believe he could go in & take them to the prem again quicker than he could with us. We're the bigger club, better stadium blah blah but with his relationship with Sharon, the project/vision the club has got along with him being backed with cash it would have to take some real stupidity for him to end up there.

EFA

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I doubt they'll want to pay the compo for a manager in a job already and as others have said, we're the bigger club. He will feel as much loyalty to us now as to them.

Wouldn't be surprised if they appoint Steve Thompson, who is on their staff.

I'd be amazed.  He's 57 and never managed any club except as caretaker and that was 9 years ago.  Maybe when they were in league 2 he gets a crack at it but not in championship.

I nearly forgot how big a legend Tomo was for us, I'm fairly sure he's made more appearances for us than anyone since the Roy Greaves era (happy to be corrected).  And in most games I saw him in, he was one of our best players, classy and consistent.

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'd be amazed.  He's 57 and never managed any club except as caretaker and that was 9 years ago.  Maybe when they were in league 2 he gets a crack at it but not in championship.

I nearly forgot how big a legend Tomo was for us, I'm fairly sure he's made more appearances for us than anyone since the Roy Greaves era (happy to be corrected).  And in most games I saw him in, he was one of our best players, classy and consistent.

Jussi surely? Outfield players I’d be struggling though admittedly. 

Gardner too perhaps actually. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

• Site Supporter

I couldn’t give a shiny one what Lashers are spending on their ground or even their team.

Critchley is a brilliant manager getting a tune out of L1 players.

I reckon they struggle to stay up next season. If we get them in a cup, I reckon we win

18 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I couldn’t give a shiny one what Lashers are spending on their ground or even their team.

Critchley is a brilliant manager getting a tune out of L1 players.

I reckon they struggle to stay up next season. If we get them in a cup, I reckon we win

You just want another evening in The Manchester, don't you?!

Steve Thompson is 2nd on the appearances list since 1980 behind Jussi.
Ahead of Davies and well clear of Nolan who played the same number as Julian Darby.
Gardner & Phillips played more than Davies.

4 hours ago, Deanu said:

Over 250 games for them & captaining them in the prem does count for something, along with them also being a league higher. You also know in Evatt's competitive mindset he'd believe he could go in & take them to the prem again quicker than he could with us. 

We'll get back to the top flight before Blackpool do.

@Dr. Feelgood for what it’s worth we chatted about a few things. Primarily the club, how he’s enjoying it, fact he’s buzzing the fans are proud again etc etc. his wife was too busy getting pissed on the row in front 

did also cover off the main fucking cranks on that wanderers ways forum thingy. He put you right up there. So, congratulations. You’re finally relevant. Like the Fossey and Dapo stuff. Hence the posting 

Edited by barrycowdrill