Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

39 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah it's a pain getting to Bolton from Cambridge. I thought moving further that way would be easier but it's quicker driving or getting the train from South London.

Although its got a.lot better on the train, there is a fast services from King's Cross but it's not cheap. 

But if you live more than a certain amount of miles from your kids and you have regular contact you get money off with the CSA so you can still have regular contact. For me it's about £60 a month off what I have to pay.

We’ve never done it through the CSA but doing the calculator I’d be paying another £70 a month compared to what I’m paying now (which was actually an over-calculation based on how many nights he’s usually with us) so neither here or there really. 

Taken him out for his tea tonight (bumped in to Mr Grey, oddly enough) and just dropped him off ahead of the move tomorrow 💔

His cheeky cunt mother text me while we were in the restaurant asking what time we were dropping him off. Let us have our time FFS. T’lad was on good form at least, particularly having seen his mates in the afternoon, and even got to see his cousin and my brother when they nipped in to the restaurant for a takeaway. 

Sorry to hear this Matt. I appreciate this is of no use but I sit on the other side having step kids live with me and I wouldn’t dream of leaving the area until they are adults as for me that’s the situation you inherit.

Hope all works out for you in the end.

10 minutes ago, tomski said:

Sorry to hear this Matt. I appreciate this is of no use but I sit on the other side having step kids live with me and I wouldn’t dream of leaving the area until they are adults as for me that’s the situation you inherit.

Hope all works out for you in the end.

Sorry about the  situation or the fact he bumped into grey?😬

• 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Winchester White said:

The Daily Mail plumbs new depths.

Who the fuckery reads their shite?

A lot of people apparently. Saw this article during a mental health stigma workshop at work. 

Bring us back to the good old days of when men had a fry up every day and boxed up all their feelings. Love that you're now a snowflake if you open up to someone. 

Edited by London Wanderer

My Mrs is fucking mental. 

Pretty convinced she's developed OCD (but not the cleanliness or tidyness type) and currently hates her job so talks of quitting work every day to start a shop selling scented candles or some shit. 

It's fucking ace.

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, stevieb said:

My Mrs is fucking mental. 

Pretty convinced she's developed OCD (but not the cleanliness or tidyness type) and currently hates her job so talks of quitting work every day to start a shop selling scented candles or some shit. 

It's fucking ace.

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

My other half has a different idea pretty much every week

1 minute ago, Zico said:

My other half has a different idea pretty much every week

Same here. 

It's fucking draining. Papping on about her woes whilst I'm trying to do battlenips...

Have a fucking day off love. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Spider said:

I can't beleive depression still exists 

It's almost like all those inspirational quotes and memes on Facebook aren't working.

Ironically if I see a "live, laugh, love" type post i get angry, contemptuous and depressed