Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It does seem odd to go to away supporters at the end of the game. 

Not when there is more of us than them. That’s why they do it.  Like a bird being excited by a 2 inch cock is wanting to celebrate with their little band of merry men.

31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Gave up after a few posts.

First one set the tone- I'd like to see the evidence behind his claims, and he needs to read up on the actual reasons for our points deductions. 

I hope they get relegated for having sexual relations with sheep on the pitch at half time. I have no evidence for this, but it must be true.

On the second page, he admits he hasn't looked into any financial figures at all 🙃

• Site Supporter

Watched on Wanderers TV

Some of the Barnsley lot near Derek "took a sore one" Clarke were a bit "choice" should we say. 

Aimed at Maghoma was one that made me gulp.. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Have to be honest & say GT's in-yer-face to the opposition player would well warrant a punch in the mouth.

Not half. 

I know we laugh, and like the passion, but he would got another yellow had the ref seen it.

He needs a squirt of pet remedy spray before each half. :)

17 minutes ago, Northender said:

Remenber Cotter acting a nob at Tough Shit in Feb so defo no problem with GT giving him some shit back this week

I first read this as You meaning Rab c nesbitts mate and thinking what’s his beef ha😂

41 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I know we laugh, and like the passion, but he would got another yellow had the ref seen it.

No chance. You don't get a booking for shouting at an opponent.

44 minutes ago, Cheese said:

He's right. I don't like it either. 

People say players get abuse from the fans and of course they do. However they always have. Previous generations of footballers didn't indulge in this behaviour to any degree though. They rose above it and showed professionalism. 

In any event those who claim that terrace heckles give players the leeway to behave like this in response are effectively saying two wrongs make a right. They don't. Defending it means you are happy with the result - the unedifying spectacle of highly paid and privileged professional footballers effectively goading the very people who pay their wages.

It's a bad trend and it needs addressing across the whole game. Well done Ian Evatt for calling it out. 

Edited by paulhanley

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Give over. He was in his face, and with refs seemingly knowing of his card count, the ref would have dished him another.

Nonsense.  Have you ever seen a yellow card for players shouting at one another?  I haven't.

You see handbags all the time.  As long as hands aren't raised then no action is ever taken, and rightly so.

.. and the reason Thomason gets so many cards isn't because of his reputation, it's because he commits so many fouls that are worthy of bookings.  Refs aren't out to get him.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Give over. He was in his face, and with refs seemingly knowing of his card count, the ref would have dished him another.

Send someone off for celebrating a penalty decision? Would he bollocks.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tomo can shout in faces for as long as teams are allowed to kick the shit out of Sheehan

there could've been plenty back and forth throughout the game

the lad gave no reaction at all

almost like "yeah it's a fair kop"

dunno

but it was that exact moment, when you see GT fist pump then gesticulates in his face, that I thought "I actually can imagine he puts fireworks in his underpants"

Celebrating in front of the opposition fans when your fans are at the opposite end of the ground is one thing, deliberately running to and celebrating in front of the opposition fans which are further away than your own is another. 

• Site Supporter

They've all done all of the above in front of our fans, and we've done the same. Swings, roundabouts. Horses, courses.

Plus loads of other pointless analogies. It's piss taking all round, that's all.

I’m sure there’s something said to Thomasson by the same lad as I remember seeing it at the time. It was either after their 2nd or where Thomasson had that chance to make it 2-1

as soon as Thomasson did that when we won the pen I knew it linked back to the initial thing 

1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

He's broken el hadji dioufs yellow cards record now for a season and still ten games left to add to it. 

Similar to SKD in his day. He may as well take a booking as he comes out of the tunnel.

In both cases they rarely, if ever, get/got a second yellow. But they walk a tightrope from the moment the yellow is issued.

Diouf. The worst thing he did for us was win a penalty late on at Blackburn with what was a clear dive. Ref's. from then on he was a marked man. Some referees of the time have admitted it (which, btw, is disgraceful).